ii.

for the rest of the day, himari's mind was occupied by the events from lunch, too distracted to even focused on the bundled up paper in front of her

for the rest of the day, himari's mind was occupied by the events from lunch, too distracted to even focused on the bundled up paper in front of her. she ruminated over the moment, deciding whether or not should she think about it too much. there should be something up if suzue herself looked so happy upon her brother's new of arrival. the sound of him coming him didn't sound too appealing, he hasn't even talked to her ever since he left japan! but she knew she owed it to him to at least give it a shot into trying to catch up with him. after all, her so-called husband has been always there for her ever since they were in diapers.

so, by the time the maids called her over for dinner, himari finally made up her mind. she cleaned up her stuff on her desk and placed the books to where they belonged in a specific neatly organized order. she left the library without a single sigh, making her way to the dining hall. she made sure to take her time, not really in a rush to waste her night away having the thoughts of him coming home. himari stopped in front of one of the rooms, choosing to stare at the open room rather than coming in.

glancing at the untouched but still spotless piano in the middle of the room, himari had a small smile on her face but downcast and dejected look in her eyes said otherwise.

footsteps caught her attention, the shrieking of heels against marble gaining the blonde's attention. himari watched as her dark her bounced he way towards the ruby-eyed goddess, raising a brow up at the rather quirky behavior. her lips quirked upwards when she was pulled softly, walking side by side with the younger girl.

suzue kanbe laughed, fairly surprised to see himari stare at her favorite room in years with tears threatening to fall down from her eyes. she thought it would take her decades to get over the 'loss' she suffered when her brother left. nevertheless, she was glad to see that the opposite had happened. it seemed as if the sudden emptiness had sparked a fire that burned everything on its way.

both sorrow and glee filled suzue's chest.

''what's in that pretty mind of yours?'' suzue's face lit up upon seeing the stone cold look slightly shift into something softer on the blonde's face, elated to see that himari was slowly starting to let her tall walls be cracked. she knew that the girl was busy staring at the music room; otherwise, himari would have been in the dining hall with her earlier.

 she knew that the girl was busy staring at the music room; otherwise, himari would have been in the dining hall with her earlier

© liuhsng 2021