Past

How could I know?
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore
Guess we were ships in the night
Night, night...

More tears flow down as I sit on my bed listening to his voice.

Yes, I still listen to his songs.

Everyday

No matter how much it hurt or how much I missed him...at the end of the day it was his songs that calmed me down.

We were ships in the night
Night, night

I'm wondering are you my best friend
Feel's like a river's rushing through my mind
I wanna ask you If this is all just in my head
My heart is pounding tonight
I wonder

It's funny how the person who hurts us is also the only one who can heal us. His voice was like a tranquillizer for me. So intense and serene but at the same time rich and profound. Which was exactly opposite of his lively personality and innocent face.

A chuckle left my lips reminiscing about the time when I first saw him. I had never seen such an innocent face in my life. And then he sang and I couldn't help but stare at him in shock.

I gazed at him in awe.

He was perfect.

One year 3 months ago

"Areum! Hurry up we have to leave soon!" I heard my mom calling me from downstairs. I could tell that she was excited as hell. I mean who wouldn't be? We are finally going back to her home!

We are moving to Korea.

When my mom first told me about this four months ago I was super excited. She had gotten a job there in an entertainment company as an assistant art director. I knew she would get it,my mom is super talented and hardworking. I was really happy for her but as the date to moving got closer the thought of living in a whole different country somewhat dashed me. Of course I met my kins from my mother's side regularly whenever they came to visit us but I had never been to Korea and settling in an alien country was a big deal!

I'm half Korean and half American. My mom came here for her studies and that was when she met my dad. When they got married after having me she settled here but then he pulled a bitch move and abandoned us.

My mom was shattered. She cried a lot.

However  mom didn't let that affect her career and worked hard. She raised me all alone with lots of love and values. She taught me to be kind and generous.

I was soo proud of her.

"I'm ready mom let's go" I gave her a thumbs up and she smiled nodding.

We put all of our stuff in the trunk of the taxi and with one last look at our old house we were off to the airport.

---------------------
"Sixteen hours!!!" My jaw dropped. My mom gave me a sheepish grin before putting her earplugs on and closing her eyes.

Are.You.Kidding.Me!

What am I supposed to do for SIXTEEN HOURS!