Chapter 6: In The Hospital

BEEP!, Beep, beep went the laser pulse. It was getting slower by the hour. There were shards of ice trapped in her body, gallons of water in her nose and ears and she was in a coma. A deep one. Oh! I'm so rude, let me tell you what happened.

5 Months Earlier:

"IZZY! WATCH OUT!" Iris exclaimed. She then pushed her out of the way, splashing into the icy cold water. "I'll call the emergency number!" Fiona stated, grabbing her phone.

Hello, this is Monique speaking, how may I help you?

The ambulance came as swift as a cheetah. They hauled her out of the water. She was pale blue, her eyes was shut and were bearly breathing. Particles of ice burrowed deep into her body, her lungs were stuffed with gallons of water and her clothes was soaking wet. Isabella cried a repulsive cry, she didn't want to lose her sister. They carried her into the vehicle and drove off. When Julie overheard this, she shatters into tears. To be honest, she was enamoured of Iris more than she loved David. Julie paid for all the clinic fees. " I'm sorry to say," began the doctor. "But Iris is in a coma" He declared. Once he did everyone burst into tears, " h-how long w-will s-she be in a-a coma f-for?" Izzy hesitated. " Around 7 years." Once doc stated this, everyone cried harder, but Izzy cried the hardest.

Present Day:

It's been a few months since that day. Charlie and Chris had a divorce, Isabella and Julie are in a deep depression, Maggie hasn't articulated since, Fiona is a pessimist now and David, David is still the biggest realist. Anyways, while they were waiting outside the emergency door, the doc came out with a distressed look on his face. David clandestinely talked to the doctor and came back banging his head on the wall. " I knew it, I knew it," he kept muttering. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" Julie questioned. " Iris..." He began, "is...dead." Once he spoke those three words, everyone went silent. Izzy and the others came in the room and found Iris laying there, lifeless, on the bed. Everyone said their valedictions and left. It was only Izzy left in the room. " Hey sis, How are you? I miss you and I can't go on without you. You were there for me, I was not, you comforted me, I did not, you even saved me... I DID NOTHING!" She exclaimed, bursting into tears. " I'm so, so sorry for being a horrible sister. I can't forgive myself, neither can you." She stated goodbye and went to the door. Izzy turned around and saw her eyes twinkling, she knew that wasn't real...was it? She then exited the room.

beep, Beep, BEEP! Iris woke up, she looked around and realised she was in a hospital bed. "Why am I here? Who put me here? Who am I?"She asked herself.

THE END

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading mah book! I MIGHT do a part 2, cause I ain't promising nothin'. Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! See you in mah next AMAZING book! See ya!