8

I remember that I was an outcast. Nobody talked to me. Nobody even bothered to get close to me, but you were different. The first time I saw you, you were wearing a yellow dress when you approached. You said you were new to school and didn't know anybody else. I tried to push you away, but you're persistent. You always get what you wanted anyway.
Day by day, everything changed. I changed. I start to get to know other people and so do you, but all I ever want is to get know you more. You always go to school with bright colored clothes. Everyday, you add colors to my life, so I decided to ask you out. I was happy when you said yes. I was even happier you finally said yes to be my girlfriend.
I never wanted everything to end. You were my everything. You were my favorite thing. One day, you asked me what was my favorite color. I didn't know what to answer, so I just told you to guess. Little did I know that your first answer will be it. You answered yellow and I just saw you eyes, gleaming. I said yes and you were jumping with joy. Ever since that day, everytime I see that color, I'm reminded of you. Days later, I've asked you what was your favorite color, you told me to guess, so I did. I answered violet and you laughed. You said was right. I laughed as lift you up and kissed you. I smiled staring at your eyes as I confess my undying love to you. You just at me and told me that you know.
I've spent most of my days happy because you were there, I just hope you were too. I can still remember our wedding. I was the happiest man alive when you said yes but I know I was more happy seeing you walking down the aisle. You told me that we should wear each other's favorite color, and so we did. I was wearing a violet suit and you were wearing a yellow dress. You looked so beautiful in that dress.
Now, I'm in your funeral. Wearing a violet suit and you, wearing a yellow dress. I was devastated when you died. But I can never forget your last words to me in your hospital bed.
"I never did have a favorite color. When said violet, all I can ever think was that your eyes. Ever since that day, I see the color violet, I see you. I love you my violet."