Chapter 19: Traitor

The Magic King announced to the people of Clover Kingdom was a group of terrorists who were anti-Clover.  They were called the Midnight Eye.  

He reassured people that the magic knights would get everything covered and not to fret.  They would solve this issued and not stand down.  The public full heartedly supported this. 

The announcement ended without any issues.  

Hikaru POV 

I headed over to the castle, to meet with Julius.  The issue of Midnight sun is troubling.  I knock and enter his office.  

"Hikaru, close the door."  Julius says as I enter.  I close the door and make my way over to the desk.  "Julius there's something that you want to discuss yes?"  I ask knowing he wants to talk about the terrorist group.  

He nods and tells me to sit down. "The barrier mages were no where to be found and hasn't been seen.  So during this attack they were gone, and the only way for that to happen..."  I continue his sentence "If there was traitors.."  We both look grimly at each other. 

We gets up and leads me down towards the interrogation room.  It was dark and the only thing lighting up the basement was the magic that held the captives.  "Sir Julius, it appears that they have some magic casted on them which prevents me from checking their memories and getting information."  Marx says.  The captives talk how their master is some kind of god.  

My face scrunches together in disgust.  I look at them and wonder a way to get that information......  As the thought enters my mind I look at Julius and he looks at me.  We both smile knowing our answer...

A couple hours later there was a call from a town about children going missing.  They sent Yami out first sending him to go and investigate.  Word hasn't been received by Yami, the magic headquarters send a couple magic captains as back up in case something has gone wrong.  

I walk around the castle doing little assignments that Julius has tasked me with gathering information here and there, while we wait for Asta.  

I get this feeling that I should go but something else tells me that it's better for me to stay back here.  I follow my gut and walk off into the halls heading towards Julius' office.  

Time Skip~

Marx left me with Lance 30 minutes ago as we walked down the halls.  He went to go get Asta and Yami.  I make my way to the conference room, to get the Magic captains.  I looked serious as I was walking.  'The traitor will be found out.  I'll crush you!'  I think.  I feel a light tug at my clothes and see Lance nervous.  

I stop and ask him "What's wrong Lance?"  he shakes him head and says "Well mom, we are going to meet the magic captains that you told me about. They're strong but some of them look scary.  Nothing like Gadjah and Potrof."  I smile at him warmly and pet his head.  "It'll be okay.  It's just for a short while okay."  He smile back at me "Okay Hikaru."  he says.  I smile again knowing that he will only call me that when other people he doesn't know will be around and uncomfortable with.

We finally reach the door and I hear them talking.  I then hear Yami yelling about something.  I knock on the door and announce my presence.  I then open the door and smile at the Captains as I enter the room with Lance hugging my clothes.  I see Yami standing up yelling something about Julius calling them there. 

I raise my hand.  "Hey Yami!" I say catching their attention.  "Huh Vice Cap. that old man better not be wandering around and forgotten."  he says while noticing Lance hug me even tighter.  They all look at me for the answer.