Chapter 2

Akiyama

"What year are you guys in?" Hinata asked us.

"We're first years, class 1-5 together." Yachi said with a smile towards Hinata.

"Wow, that's great! We're first years too, and so are those two over there." He pointed to the tall blond guy and the shorter one with green hair. "The tall one is Tsukkishima Kei and the other is Yamaguchi Tadashi."

"Oi, we need to get back to practice." Kageyama said to Hinata. His voice was deep and assertive, but also soothing in a way.

"Ah, then we'll see you later!" Hinata said while jumping and waving us goodbye.

The guys had started practice and Yachi and I watched on the sidelines. We were also introduced to their coach, Keishin Ukai. Apparently his father was the one who led our volleyball team to nationals a few years back. Alongside him was Ittetsu Takeda-Sensei.

Before practice started, the team captain, Sawamura-senpai introduced us to the rest of the team. Azumane Asahi-senpai, a third year, had the shoulder length hair and some facial hair. At first he looked so scary, but when I talked to him he was so nice and gentle. (a/n: uWu because Asahi is just mistaken because of his looks (T-T) he's so kind and timid for someone with such a big build)

The other third year on the team was Sugawara Koushi-senpai with the silver-gray hair. His smiles and words were kind and warm.

Second years are the majority of the team. The one that seemed the most composed out of them seemed to be Ennoshita Chikara. He was pretty nice, like a mix of Sawamura-senpai and Sugawara-senpai. If I were to be associated with the volleyball team next year, I hope Ennoshita-senpai will be captain.

Two of the other second-years were pretty quiet though, and seemed less active than the others. Kinoshita Hisashi-senpai, and Narita Kazuhito-senpai. They both were pretty quiet, but also seemed nice, just like Ennoshita-senpai. They seemed to be working hard too.

The second-year pair, the ones Sawamura-senpai said to avoid and be careful of, was Nishinoya Yuu-senpai and Tanaka Ryuunosuke-senpai. They were a crazy pair. Loud and energetic, kind of like Hinata. They were pretty funny though.

Soon before we knew it, practice had ended and the boys had cleaned up the gym after Coach Ukai talked to them.

"So, what do you think?" Hinata said with Kageyama trailing behind.

"Eh?" I asked in confusion.

"Will you two want to join and be assistant managers?" Hinata asked.

Yachi and I both looked at each other and then back at the boys.

"Stupid, give them some time to think about it first." Kageyama said.

"Oh-ho, so I guess the King has some consideration for such mere commoners such as ourselves." The blond, Tsukkishima I think, cooed at Kageyama.

King? Why was he calling him King? Commoners? I'm so confused. I turned to Hinata with a questioning look, hoping for some answers. He didn't do anything. Instead, he just tried to get Kageyama to go back to the club room with him.

"Ah, wait for us by the club room stairs! Let's walk home together." Hinata said. Yachi and I agreed and we walked out of the gym, on our way to the club room. We waited at the stairs for the guys and went with them.

"Daichi-san is buying pork buns!" The chaotic pair said with tons of energy. Had the practice not worn them down?

"Here you go." Sawamura-senpai said, handing a bag of pork buns to Yachi and I.