The Fugitive

Sansa

Sansa ran, her breath growing heavy in her lungs. Tears streamed down cheeks and she felt sick. I was...a fool, she admitted to herself resentfully. It was the only thing she could think, every other thought shunned from her brain. I was a fool. I was a fool. I was a fool. Blood thick and red stained her green dress. The Queen gave her the dress, telling her how it made her look like the maiden reborn. Even Joffrey had complimented her on it. Hollow though the words were, Sansa had been blind. So very blind.

She sat up suddenly, and Sansa never felt more tired. Ever since Joffrey had executed her father two weeks ago, Sansa had only slept refusing most food offered to her. Though even her sleep was empty lasting hours on end, though when she woke she was no more rested. And her dreams... Sansa never dreamed such terrible things. One night it was her father head she saw swaying above her. Another it was Robb's. And once it was even her mother's. Only one thing stayed the same. They spoke too her. Sansa...Sansa ...Sansa...why? why? They sounded her hurt and tears rolled down their pale bloody faces, as the did down Sansa's when she woke screaming. She felt empty, laying here now. It's only a dream, she told herself and she wished it were true. Sansa stared into the darkness when she heard a door creak open. She shot up again, afraid to look where the sound had came from. A man emerged from the side door the servants. He was plump of what Sansa could see, and he wore a heavy rough spun robe, his face hidden under a cowl. She felt petrified. He's come to kill me. Terribly, she wanted him him do to it. End it and all the torment, he can't have his beat me when I am dead. Or at least he'll not get any joy it. But then Sansa saw Joffrey's face smiling down at her his features twisted cruelly. No then he'll win. 

"Are you here to kill me" Sansa asked the man rather calmly, but he only giggled and removed his hood. Underneath he was indeed plump with a shaved head. "No worry, my lady, I'm not here to harm you. I sat on the small council with your father"  he said in a low singsong voice. "Lord Varys?" Sansa was unsure. The lord smiled sadly. "Yes, my lady" His voice sounded grave. "There is no time for talk, I fear. I am here to help you escape"  Escape? Sansa felt dizzy. No, no, no. He's lying, Why would he help me escape? This is a trap. 

"My lady," he pulled her hand "You must come with me if you wish to live". Lord Vary's hand was sweaty and soft. Sansa didn't like the feel and  jerked her own away. "I-I am l-loyal to my-y Prince, Joffrey". She stuttered like a fool. King Joffrey, Sansa reminded herself. "My lady, this is no time for false words, and I should tell you if you don't already know people are never how they make themselves to be. Though I suppose you do not know the world well enough to know that." She knew that well enough. Lord Varys looked anxiously at the over. "We must leave if we leave if leave at all, my lady". Sansa was about too shake her head when she nodded. If he isn't lying and I don't come I will miss my chance. I want to see my  mother and brothers. Lord Varys was already leading her too the marble fireplace. "This is not a door, my lord". The spider giggled. "We need only a passage, my lady" he pushed on a panel beside the fireplace which opened like a door into a passageway. He entered and motioned for her to follow. " Come my, Lady" Sansa followed him a knot setting in her stomach. Lord Varys closed the secret door behind her. And not a moment too late for Sansa heard someone enter into the room right after the door closed.  Oh no. Her knot tightened, but they didn't wait to hear what he said to they're absence. 

The hall was dark and dismal and the only light came from Lord Varys torch. How does no one know about this? The master of whispers read her mind. "Did you know King Maegor built the Red Keep?" He giggled. He seemed to giggle a lot. "He murdered everyone of his builders afterward for the the dead tell no secrets" The cowl had been pulled back over lord Varys face, making him look terrifying to Sansa. "They justly call him the cruel". He opened a small door too his left after they walked at least half an hour. "I fear you might wish to shut your eyes ahead is a hard sight to stomach". Sansa did what she was bid, wondering what his words meant. She stepped out into a hallway her eyes tightly shut and Sansa hurried to keep up, but stumbled.