Rejection

"So...did you have fun tonight?" Chen asks when we make it back to the dorms.

"Yeah, it was fun. Except for our little drama, I enjoyed myself" I said literally peeling my pants down my thighs. "Gah, Chen can you help me?" My efforts to get out of my pants were becoming almost pathetic.

Chen snorts "sure" he comes over to me and I lay down on my bed.

I lift my legs up and lean back on my forearms, my position forcing a slight blush claim my cheeks "now grab the waistline and pull"

He nods and slips his fingers in between the jeans and the outside of my thighs. His fingers linger there and he makes eye contact with me sending flames to lick at my bones.

"Xiu..." Chen whispers huskily.

My skin tingles, but a voice in my head hisses at me 'go ahead, let yourself get hurt again... kiss him and let him destroy you'

I look away "my circulation in being cut off, can you please hurry"

Chen gasps and apologizes, quickly doing as I ask, pulling the jeans gently down my thighs till they reach my knees "I can get it from here" I snap and push him away pulling them off the rest of the way.

Jumping up, I hurry to my closet and take a huge breath. 'what the hell is wrong with you, it's possible he may feel the same way, so why do you keep pushing him away?' But I knew the answer to that, he could still change his mind, it's not like he's in love with me.

"Xiu, did I do something wrong?" Chen asks and I jump at the sound of his voice finally noticing he was standing in the doorway to my closet.

"No, why would you think that?" I ask without emotion in my voice, refusing to look at him.

"I just feel like you've been avoiding me a lot lately and I just want to know if there was something I did wrong" Chen looks at the floor when I finally look at him.

"Chen, you didn't do anything wrong... it's just... i'm a little stressed" I place a hand on his shoulder and give it a squeeze "let's just get some sleep" I say and lead Chen back out into the bed room tucking him into his bed "I'm going to go take a shower, you try to get some rest"

Chen smiles sleepily and almost instantly starts to fall asleep "don't forget my nightly kiss when you come back" Chen says with his eyes closed.

I stop in my tracks, my stomach tightening, feeling like I was just punched "you know about that?"

Chen smiles and just hums clearly already to far gone to have a coherent conversation.

I shake my head, maybe he was just kidding and had no idea that I kiss him every night before I go to bed. 'That's probably it, I'm just overreacting usual.'

I grab my towel off the back of the door and step into the hallway, putting it out of my mind.

>>>>>

I was sitting on my bed listening to music the next day thinking about last night and how it ended. A part of me was disappointed in myself for being a coward and not making a move, but another part was relieved because I was scared of how Chen would react.

I get a text suddenly bringing me out of my frustrating thoughts.

From: Curious bestie
To: Possible sore ass

Hey, how did it go with the 'non-boyfriend' boyfriend

I can't help but laugh at Heechul's way with words.