Part 1

'Look at me Shailu.  I know you are upset with me. But please try to understand, I told you the reasons.' I was trying to please her while she ignored all my words and fly away in anger.

Yes.  I am telling about the pigeon friend Shailu only.  We are friends for years now and she is residing in our balcony only.  I never miss to spend time with her in any busy schedule.  But now the situation is different.  I am going away from her vacating this house itself. 

If this is the case of Shailu, then what to tell about my other friends Pinky, Megna, Swetha,  Anandhi, Kavitha, Sinduja and many other friends.  Wait.. Wait.. They are not other pigeon friends.  They are my neighborhood friends since my childhood.

I told them about our shifting last week and since then they stopped talking to me in anger.  I know this anger of my friends is out of love.  They all love me so much that they are unable to digest the fact that I won't be residing with them anymore.  I feel good to have such true friends who always shared my joy and sorrow, who always stood beside in every situation, who always gave their support. 

I still remember the moment we become friends and started playing together in the garden area of our building.  Since then our journey as friends started and we spent almost every evening together in the garden playing together, we celebrated festivals together, we participated in the functions and competitions conducted in the building, we supported each other even during natural calamities like rain, flood. 

I know it's difficult to get away from each other.  Not only my pigeon friend and other friends, it's me too who feel the same pain of separation.  But know the fact that we need to go through this as my mother got transferred from this Mumbai city to Chennai.  Packers and movers are already on their job of packing our things and by tomorrow early morning we are catching the flight to Chennai.  This evening is the time i got to spend with my friends and wave them good bye.

Shailu is not going to come back so quick.  In the meantime, I will meet my other friends and come back.  I rushed towards our garden area.  Yes.  I know we crossed the age of playing in the garden.  So what!!! Though we don't play anymore in the garden, still we spend time chatting in the garden only.

Yes.  My friends are here only with upset faces.  I went near them while they slightly lift their eyelids to look at who is coming towards them and down it again knowing it's me.

'Girls!!! I know you are all upset with me.  But please try to understand that I am not vacating purposefully.  I am not interested to be away from you all.' I tried to explain them.

'If so then why you are leaving us???' One of my friend Anandhi asked.

'It's because my mother got transferred to Chennai.  What can I do???' I replied.

'You might have told your mother to reject the offer of transfer.' My other friend Swetha.

'Do you think I might have not done that???  I told her.  But she explained that she avoided multiple times in past years and now they are not ready to accept her excuses for refusal.  If she still refuses for accepting the transfer then she need to lose her job itself.  You all know she can't afford to lose her job.' I said with almost tears frightening to escape from my eyes when talking about my mother.

Yes.  I love my mother so much.  She is single parent as we lost my father in an accident when I was kid.  Since then it's my mother who is taking care of me.