Always.

When it came to nights like these,he was always experienced and well aware of the repercussions,or so he thought.
     He strode upstairs,and knocked on her bathroom,silence greeted him.He went in,and there she was in the middle of the bathtub with the shower running,her eyes bloodshot,her clothes clinging to her;even though she was soaked to the bone,still she sat staring at the tiles shivering.Her state no longer fazed him at nights like these,so he rolled his sleeves,carried her and set her gently onto the bed lest he'd stir any memories,and risk pushing her onto the brink.

     He selected a few clothing items for her and placed them onto the bed;he watched as the only reaction she paid him since his arrival was a nod,and requesting a cigarette in her hoarse choked up voice.He obliged her wish,even though a protest was hanging on the tip of his tongue,at nights like these it was hard to let her down,to resist her,it was futile,she had him wrapped around her finger,or maybe he had her wrapped around his finger.At nights like these he knew not who got under whose skin,after they were spent,the nights became days and all was forgotten.

     He lit the fireplace,poured himself a glass;knowing her,she'd probably stay away for awhile.She approached him feeling numb but also hunted by her demons-that threatened to drag the both of them to the fiery depths of hell with the temptation and guilt swirling within them-and shame.At her approach he offered her a glass and the space within his arms,she chose the drink and went to sit on the couch in front of the fire.He knew not to argue and occupied himself with playing the piano.

    She fell asleep within moments,and as usual she refused to get up and miss the musical notes that held secrets only the both of them knew.

    If she stayed any longer in that position with her wet hair,she'd surely get a cold,a backache,and an intolerable mood.And at nights like these he could only handle so much of her.As he got up to carry her to her bed,her arms tightened around him,and with a shake of her head,she pulled him closer and whispered:"Don't,not at a night like this!".He sighed,and tucked her in anyways.

    She always returned to him,always.And he never hesitated,for at nights like these,they saw and knew nothing but each other.He'd  never allow anything else,for he always surrounded her,always.

-》So my mind produced this on a whim,it's only one shot.It's not great.Feel free to comment or vote,I'd love to get any feedback.《-