My Life

Hi everyone, please kindly re-read this chapter. I edited it a little. Please leave me a comment and a vote at the exit of this chapter so I can know your review of this book and how much you enjoyed reading it.
Thanks guys, enjoy reading.
New chapter coming soon ❤

I am Enitan, I have always wanted to be loved right from when I was loved by my parents even till this present moment that I am 16 going to 17. I love my parents no doubt but they tend to be very overbearing. Anyways what do I expect this is Nigeria.

Nigeria is a country in West Africa, it has thirty six states and obviously a capital state also. Anyways this land has been considered and concluded to be where strict parents live the most. I mean Parents that would basically tell you how to live your live the way they want it and not the way you want it.

I mean look at me, I am only allowed to choose my own choice of studies. For example I was allowed to go into art class in school which is very surprising because all parents definitely want their children to go to science class, become a doctor or an engineer. What surprised me the most was also the fact that I don't want to be a Lawyer like every art students are expected to be. And the fact that my parents could accept that was a beginning of change from my perspective.

How ever that is where their affections stop because I'm not allowed to do any other thing my self. Damn I'm not even expected to leave the house except if the driver is allowed to or my dad are ready to take me. Like who does that - well my family of course.

Well I wouldn't want this to sadden my day so I'm just going to get up and bathe. I normally wake up early, well that's what I've been taught to do since when I was small. Given that I am a child with strict parents who wants me to be ready on time and also given that I'm in a boarding school where we wake up early every day so every other thing planned for the day would fall into place. That school is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It makes me feel like I'm in another world very far away from my Parents.

Given that today is Saturday I begin to do all my household chores like sweeping and washing of the plates and also making sure everything especially in the sitting room, Kitchen and Dinning room are in order. I have an older brother who just basically wash our dad's car. Well he also cooks because my mom believes that both gender of children are to know how to cook. She always gave my brother the excuse that assuming his wife is pregnant and its very stressful for her to cook will he just shout at her and go to a local restaurant to eat I mean that is very uncalled for actually. She always tells him to be a helping hand. She often brags about how dad was the one that taught her how to cook Amala(a Yoruba food eaten by many Nigerians made from yam flour).

I'm very grateful that she does that anyways because most parents feel that their boys should just be allowed to stay in their rooms playing games all the time and then be called when food is ready. There is even a saying, more like a believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen. But acoording to me this is not true and it is simply unfair. And this is why after soo many years of waking up in the night reading for tests, being beaten for failing a test and also being punished for things I did and didn't do I would never settle down to be an house wife.

Imagine after studying in school for like five years and then you go to a law school for a year and then you spend like 6months after one year of NYSC (National youth service corps)  before getting a suitable job. After settling down i.e you are married, your husband that just spent like 4 years (or maybe more though) and then immediately gets a job after his NYSC will na wake up one morning and tell you that you should drop your job and take care of the house, I mean how will you feel. The kind of pain that you would feel is unexplainable. So that's why I don't support house wife stuff. Even if its shop that you will open open it. Nothing is too small in this Nigeria economy that we are in.  Basically what I'm saying is that those compromises shouldnt be compulsory for just women. Anyways that is my own opinion sha oo.

"Come outside for prayer everyone" I hear my mom say. We are a Christian family we go to a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Oshogbo. Oshogbo is found in Osun-State and Osun-State is found in South-Western Nigeria. I have lived here all my life. My Parents are workers in the Church and so I'm I but in the Teenagers Church though. We pray 7 am everyday. For thirty minutes  and since I wake up 5am everyday apart from Saturdays I get to have about two hours to do my chores, bathe and also relax using my phone of course. I got my pho...

"Enitan, Olaolu" my mom calls again from the sitting room.

"Yes ma I am coming I am about to switch off the gas" I reply loudly.

"Come fast fast we are all here".

"Good morning ma and sir"

"How was your night" My dad asks

"Fine sir" I reply.

" Oya start praise and worship " my mom says.

I lead about five songs before I said in Jesus Name we have worshipped. We all stood up to dance since that's how we all do when we are singing praises. I actually like the exercise it makes it difficult to sleep. After about 6 songs I ended the praise and worship section. My brother was told to lead the prayer. After that my dad read the Open Heavens devotional (a morning devotional written by Pastor E.A Adeboye and used by sooo many people across the world)  we all use and my mom said the final prayers.

"Good morning sir, good morning ma" my brother and I chorused while I  kneel and he postrates (this is a form of respect used in greeting older people in Yoruba land ).

"God bless you my children" my mom says.

"You can go up to your room now, Olaolu report outside in twenty minutes so you can clean the cars" my dad says facing us both.

"Yes sir" we chorus.

"Enitan you must come and help me in the kitchen. Thank God you are on Holiday at least I will see helping hands apart from that of your father's, Olaolu you are not also left out oo, after helping your father, you should come and help us in the kitchen" my mom said smiling.

"Yes ma" we chorus again. We carried our feets up to our rooms while Olaolu was mumbling something's which I happen to figure out as 'must it be work work work in this house. I can't wait to go back to school'. I laugh gently and said " pele jare, its not kuku our fault, but the fault of the angels that dropped us in Nigeria". He laughed and disappeared into his room.

I enter my room and collapsed on my sweet bed, my best friend in this house. I soo much love my bed, it eases me from all the works and pains incured from those works. I pick up my phone and on my data. I begin to see message alerts especially on WhatsApp. I open them one by one to reply them especially the ones that has my girls in it. Without them in that boarding school everything would be very boring. I thank God that I met them.
I left WhatsApp to open Instagram.

"Eniola, come downstairs oo we have work to do" I groan angrily and got up from my bed. 'After all the work I did since 5am, I will not still rest again' I thought.

💎
💎
💎
💎
💎
💎
💎
💎
So my name is Joy, I am a new writer. This is officially my first book in Wattpad. I am a Christian, I am a yoruba girl, I am from Nigeria.

I might be using some yoruba words that I might not always interprete. But you will surely understand the point I am making since it won't be a difficult one.

Please if you have anything at all to say, please put it in the comment sections. Please I appreciate critic and criticism. Please comment nicely. I am a human being like we all are. I love lovely feedbacks from people for sure. Thanks.

Okay guys thats all for today, I pray I update soon. Thanks soo much for reading this Chapter. I am sooo very grateful. Please don't forget to like, comment, share and follow me, I will follow back immediately. Thanks a lot. God bless you all.