Delicious First Time

Cadence is carrying an umbrella as she approaches the new coffee shop in town. She walks in and sees a stout man in a suit on his way out as a man who appears to be in charge is about to setup the closing sign. She closes the umbrella quickly and says, "Excuse me, are you about to close?" The man, looks at her for a moment and places the sign down and says, "I guess I can serve one more customer, I apologize for my rudeness." Cadence checks her phone as she walks towards the counter and sees that it is close to 10 at night. "Oh hell, I'm sorry...I didn't realize the time." He shrugs his shoulders and proceeds with handing her a menu. "So, anything you'd like to order?" She glances at the menu briefly and responds, "Yeah, double shot white mocha, one shot peppermint, and two sugars, and one shot espresso and two shot caramel size Tall." 

Puzzled, the man smiles and prepares the bizarre drink. Cadence scratches her head and nods as he completes the drink. She starts, "Hey, you're the first one who got it right without me needing to repeat anything..." She takes the drink, tastes it, smiles and sits at her table with a book. She notices that a sign says that the shop stays open til midnight. She says, "Hey, how come you were closing early, is that not false advertisement?" He smiles, and says, "No one usually comes after 10, so I was considering closing earlier." Cadence stands up and says, "I'll be your midnight regular. I always work late and I was surprised to be honest. A nice spot like this is what I need in order to wind down".

Cadence reads her book, not noticing the gaze of the boss who occasionally peeped through his office. Then, she got a text message from her roomate and friend Charles Morrison...