What Happened?

* Chapter 4 *

* What Happened? *

It felt so nice to have a shower. It relaxed my muscles to have hot water flowing down my back.

I never thought that I would be so glad to see - let alone take a shower. The steam and the heat relaxed me like nothing else could.

After I had scrubbed every inch of my body clean, and was satisfied that I no longer looked like a tramp, I changed into the clothes one of the girls that lived here had left me. I think that her name was Robyn ... or something like that anyway.

She had lent ma a pair of trackie bottoms and a plain black t-shirt. The t-shirt fit me well, bt the trackie bottoms were a little on the big sife.

Oh well.

At leats I had them.

After tying my hair up into a messy bun, I went downstairs, where Siva was waiting with a piping hot cup of tea for me.

"So, Jellybean, what brings you here to London?"

I felt a stray tear fall down my face.

"K-Kumar cheated on me. I-I couldn't stay with him anymore. I b-broke up with him and l-left."

"Aww, Jellybean! Are you ok? Wait. That was a stupid question. Of course you're not ok! My stupid brother dosen't deserve you. Come here! Give Brownie a hug!"

And then he grabbed me and pulled me into a massive bear hug.

As I locked my arms aroung his waist, I let the tears that I had been holding in flow freely.

Siva said nothing, he just held me and allowed me to ruin his shirt with my salty tears.

"Don't cry over my stupid brother Jellybean!"

"I-it's not just him."

I chocked out.

"What? What else is wrong? You know that I hate to see my Jellybean crying!"

"I-I don't have a home anymore. I m-moved out. And I have no money to get one either."

My voice shook uncontrolably as I said this, the harsh reality of my situation finally sunk in.

I really was homeless now.

No money, and nowhere to go.

Once again, the tears that I had been trying so desperatly to hold back overflowed and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

"Skyy! You can stay here with us! We have a spare room that's not used because Livs prefers to sleep in Jay's room and Bobby prefers to sleep in Max's!"

"But I still couldn't afford it."

"You wouldn't have to pay for anything Jellybean! Trust Browine!"

"B-but..."

"No buts. You're staying here ok?"

"O-ok. Thanks Siva."

"Now! I think we need to do something to cheer you up a bit tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah."

I mumbled weakly.

"But for now, it's late, so shall I show you your room and then you can have a sleep? You've had an awful day!"

"Ok. And ... Siva?"

"Yes Skyy?"

"Thanks again."

"Think nothing of it."