T W E N T Y - O N E

A/N: Hi everyone! I know it's been a while. I've been dealing with some school and health issues. I hope this chapter makes up for it! Let me know what you think :)

Angela and Bella were laughing loudly at Jess's and Alice's off key singing. Bella's hair wiped widely around her face as all the windows in Alice's car were rolled down. The radio was so loud she could barely hear Angela, but she was grinning all the same. Even the horrible task of dress shopping couldn't dampen her mood.

            Alice was no better at driving than Edward was. She had a lead foot and weaved effortlessly through the throng of cars. Bella couldn't help but tease her about it as well.

            "You know the dresses aren't going anywhere right?"

            A wide grin spread across her face. "That is where you're wrong my poor, walking fashion disaster. Prom is next weekend. Next weekend. Do you know what that means?"

            Bella shook her head. She didn't see the issue.

            Alice sighed dramatically and shared a sideways look with Jessica. "She's hopeless. Hopeless!"

            "You think we can't handle her?"

            "Oh no, never fear my dear Jessica. After dealing with her boyfriend's antics for as long as I have, I can handle anything."

            Bella let out a sharp bark of laughter. "You do know he's your brother too?"

            "Only on Thursdays," Alice said with a wink in the rearview mirror.

            Bella rolled her eyes. She knew the two of them had a closer bond when it came to the Cullen siblings. They teased each other endlessly. She doubted Alice was capable of hating Edward and vice versa. Bella was grateful when Angela started to talk about the book she was recently reading when Alice and Jessica began to talk color theory.

            It wasn't until they reached the dress store that her anxiety began to skyrocket. God, this was really happening. She was going to do it. How many times had her mother dragged her around stores and begged her just to try something on. Bella could hear her mother's voice clearly inside her head.

            "C'mon Bella Bear, just for me? Please?"

            Angela broke her out of her thoughts. "Bella? You good," She asked, placing a hand on Bella's elbow.

            "I think I'm gonna faint."

Bella swayed dramatically, dropping back down in the car. Alice whirled around, an offended noise rising from the back of her throat. Bella dipped her head to hide a smile behind a curtain of hair.

"Don't you dare!" She cried. "You're not getting out this one."

            Jessica was right beside her, her curls shaking furiously as she shook her head. "Oh no. We're already here. C'mon!"

            Alice took her left hand and Jess the other, pulling her towards the dress store. Bella threw a desperate look behind her shoulder at Angela. She was no help though. She simply followed behind, laughing at Bella's feeble attempts to break free.

            "Stop being such a baby," Alice said. "The sooner we start, the sooner we'll finish."

            Bella groaned. "Fine, fine."

            Jess laughed at her pain, intertwining their arms together. "It'll be more fun than you think. You might even enjoy it."

            "I wouldn't hold your breath," Angela piped in, "from the way she's complaining."