Chapter: 1

Your POV:

Aubrey swiped sweat off her forehead, placing your last box on the living room floor.

"The TV should be coming tomorrow." She says with a sigh, flopping to the floor from exhaustion.

"Thanks by the way. You're a huge help." You say with a smile.

Aubrey sat up, returning the smile.

She falls back to the floor with a groan.

"Need some water?" You say, but couldn't help but giggle at how dramatic your friend is.

"Yes sir." Aubrey says jokingly, again sitting back up and walking towards the table you were at.

You get up, walking to the kitchen and grabbing a cup and filling it with tab water.

You walk back to the table, handing Aubrey the glass of water.

"Thanks." She rasps, taking the cup and drinking the water.

You both hear a knock at the door.

Aubrey looks at you, expecting you to answer it. You nod and walk to the door, opening it.

Two people stand in front of you, a blonde female and browl curly haired male.

"Hello!" You say smiling, looking at the two.

"Hello! I'm Beth, and this is my husband, Jerry." She says sweetly. "We saw you just moved in yesterday, we wanted to come and invite you over for dinner later."

"Oh, wow, that's really sweet." You say awkwardly.

"I would love to have dinner with you, what time?" You ask nicely.

"It'll be at 7:00 PM." Beth says.

"Oh, we'll be there!" You say excitedly, joy in your voice.

"Also, is it okay if I bring my friend with me?" You say lastly, hoping for a yes.

"Of course!" Beth chirps.

"Thank you. I'll see you later, Beth." You smile, she smiles back.

Beth and Jerry both leave back to their house, and you close the door.

You walk back to your table and sit down with a sigh.

"Soooo?" Aubrey says, wanting to know who was at the door.

"Neighbors across the street invited me for dinner." You sigh, making it sound like a bad thing even though it isn't.

Aubrey laughs at you, pointing at you.

"You have to eat with the neigbors! Ha!" You says mockingly.

"It's all fun in games until I tell you you're coming with me." You growl back, a smirk creeping up your face.

Aubrey's smile fades, and she sits up straight.

"You're serious?" You says bluntly.

"Yep." You snort back.

"Shit bro, you know how I am with strangers. I get all nervous and shit." Aubrey growls, melting into her chair.

"It'll be fine. At least we can make friends." You say, immediately trying to cheer your best friend up.

"You mean you would make new friends?" Aubrey says softly, her voice both harsh and sad. She blows her bangs out of her face, looking at you.

"Aw, cheer up. It's not going to be that bad." You smile, placing a hand on your friend's shoulder.

"Yeah, because I'm not going to be there!" Aubrey says with a smile on her face, arousing from her chair as she punched the air with happiness.

"Bruh." Is all you could say. But you knew she was coming. She always did what you told or asked her to do.