PROLOGUE

I was trying to find a scoop at that time.

My boss ordered me to have her interviewed since their business is becoming quite successful. I've researched her schedules and even asked their receptionists if she's there but they always say she's on a meeting or she's on a business trip.

I felt that it's kinda weird so I've waited outside of their house instead until one evening, I saw her. She was in a hurry and immediately went inside of her car and I followed her with my car but just in a safe distance. I was surprised to see the route she was taking since it's already in the outskirts of the country plus it wasn't a place where a woman like her would go.

"Something's off here" I told myself.

Her car finally came into a halt and I did the same. I saw her  jumped out of the car with the phone on her hand probably talking to someone. She walked into an old wooden house glancing from side to side before entering it.

I parked my car beside a huge oak tree just a few meters away from the wooden house. I slowly got out of the car with my camera and carefully made my way towards the house and hid myself on a bush at the back.

At first, I was only hearing voices

"-they're still unconscious."

"Wake them up!"

-but I found a hole on the wall and placed the lens of my camera there.

The view of my camera was blocked by a wooden chair but I can still see her standing with two men beside her. Their gazes were on the floor and when I followed them, I saw two people sitting on the floor with their hands tied on their backs as well as a blindfold and a duck tape on their mouths. One of the men walked to one of the hostages and forcefully took the duck tape. It have a grunt on the hostage which I assumed to be a man. After that, he went to the other hostage and did the same. The other man who was with her went to both of the victims' back before he took their blindfolds.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here?" She said and I heard one of the hostages uttered her name.

"Yannie? What is the meaning of this?" The hostaged man asked.

"Yannie? Is she the woman you are talking about David?"

My eyes landed on the second hostage who'm I have come to know is a woman. The man David then held her hand before he spoke.

"Yes love, the one I talked to you about before we got married." He said while looking at her.

"Tsk! Enough with your dramas already! I won't let you two live happily when I'm the miserable one! Do you know how it feels when you left me?! She said in rage.

She walked in front of the hostage man and slapped him hard that the man fell into his side.

"You promised! You promised that you will never leave me and we will reach our dreams together but what did you do? You left me alone! Do you know how much it hurt? Huh, do you?!"
She said screaming as I saw the tears coming down her eyes. She was deeply hurt by the man I guess she once loved.

"I have no choice! You're parents threatened to kill my family and even threatened to sabotage our business. So I was left with no choice but to leave you behind." The man said who is now sitting back with his head looking on the wooden floor.

"You have a choice David!"

"And let my family get killed?! We were just naive back then Yannie. We were only blinded by love that we've forgotten about the future, about the precious people around us." He said and tilted his head to see the woman beside him.

"I see, I guess this is the end then. You chose your path David, I hope you'll be happy to die with her." She said and turned her back towards the two. She started to walk but she only took a few steps before she said--

"Kill them."

And that's when I heard the sounds of guns and the splashes of blood on the wall. Pure shock of horror sipped through my veins and immediately I went on a run. The murderers must have known that I was there when it happened since I heard several shouts and sounds of guns being fired.

My heart was beating so fast at that time that I almost lost my balance and won't able to make it. I thought I was going to die at that very moment but I was glad I was able to recover and made it to my car. Adrenaline must have rushed through me as I started the car's engine anf that's when I drove the rode I wasn't even familair with. I trusted my guts and just followed the road to where it leads and that's when I reached the city.

I was able to lost them and I went to check on a hotel before going home. I planned everything out and the next day, I emailed my boss about my resignation. I changed my location and even my name, no one knows who I really was here.

"But, do you still have the video tape?"

"Yes, I still have it with me."