Chapter 1

Recap: As of where I stand now, i no longer live with the McCallen Boys but I will never forget my life as a McCallen.

Never.

Its been a little over 2 years since i left, leaving my heart in the hands of the boy that I love. I asked if he would not forget me but I question myself every day because of it. I have found myself forgetting his eyes, his scent, his touch, the way he talks, his walk, his...smile. But i will never forget how i felt around him or how he made me feel.

Every single day it gets harder and harder to believe if he's actually real. I have been fed everyday and taken care of surprisingly but..his face will always haunt my dreams.

Last night..I was face to face with the psycho. He has never injected with me or touched me in the ways he has in the past. He puts his hands on my thigh and i try so hard not to break his hand but every time i misbehave, I get put in a place that i like to call, "The Haunted."

The haunted is a dark room with a window and trees. All night, you hear creeks of the floor boards and the opening of an old door. The trees smack the window and the window opens and bangs shut. Noises that haunt you in the movies or in your dreams, even when you are alone in the dark...all of it comes to you and kills the little amount of sane left in you. I didn't think it would take this long to fulfill my promise.

I kissed Talen for the last time. Not forever though. Before pulling away. I whispered something in his ear. His eyes were left with shock and disbelief. "Don't tell anyone Talen and don't forget about me..please."

I will never forget what i told him. Every night around 12. I repeat what I told him so I don't forget it. I maybe forgetting Talen, but i will never forget what i promised him. Somedays, I think to myself, what are they all doing right now? Jacqueline? Chase? Matthew? Cameron? Carter? Talen? Has Jaqueline found anyone to help the boys while she is out working? Did Chase have on amazing 7th birthday a week ago? Did Cameron garduate? Did Matthew move up to 12th grade? What about Carter? And thens there Talen...Did he find someone else? Did he find someone to replace me?

Did he find someone to stitch up the heart that i left in pieces? If he did than im happy for him but i wanted to be the one to stitch it back up...I even wonder if..if my parents ae looking down right now, shaking or nodding their heads down at me. Do you they ever think about me? Does Chase remember me? Do the McCallen's even remember who Kora Legend is?

"Kora! Come here!!" I rolled my eyes before getting off the balcony. I walked downstairs to find Christian sitting there making dinner. He hasb't had me locked up lately, I have proved my loyalty. I have proved that i wont run away and i wont. Not until i finish what i started. I did not come here for no reason and until I fulfill that, then damn. Im not going anywhere.

"What?" I growled.

"Well someone isn't in a good mood." He made me sound fiesty.

"I haven't been in a good mood ever since you took me away from my family." Ii made sure to keep my distance.

"What?" I stuttered and stepped closer. "Whats the catch?" We were almost face to face.

"Why does there always have to be a catch?" He asked stepping closer. That made me step by two full steps. he rolled his eyes before speaking. "Fine, you have to kiss me." My eyes widened and than a smirk appeared. I kissed my hand and slapped him with it.

"There I kissed you." He rolled his eyes and surprisingly he got the keys and we drove off.

Christian said that he has been keeping an eye on him for me. I haven't seen Talen in 2 years just about.

We arrived at a college. My eyes widened at the sight of how many people were outside studying, having fun, living there life...while I was trapped in a house.

I got out of the car. I had light ripped skinny jeans, a white crop top, coral pumps and sunglasses. Christian has been like buying all this stuff lately but I know something's up.

I told him to leave and he drove away before warning me that if I tried anything that I wouldn't like the outcome.

My legs walked me across the street and my eyes searched for Talen to see if I remember him. My eyes spotted him and another girl getting real close. She leaned in and kissed him. When he pulled away his face was shocked but then smiled to hide the surprised look.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" I looked at them to ask them to do something when I realized that the girl standing in front of me was Winter. I kept my sunglasses on and changed my voice.

"Can you go tell the boy to come here for a second? I need to speak with him." She smiled and told me to hold on. A smile crosses my face knowing that she is happy.

I look over to see Winter poke his shoulder and point over to me. He looked like he was giving her a problem but then he got up and when he started to walk over, I took a seat on the bench.

"My friend said you needed to speak with me...so about what?"

"Kora Legend." Hearing my name made him stop from walking away. He turned around and studied me. When he got closer we were centimeters apart and his fingers slid up to my sunglasses and he was about to take them off but my hands flew up and touched his hands. His hands still felt the same, warm, secure. His eyes widened and he finished taking them off. My eyes stared into his and his face was unreadable.

"Did you..did you k-"

"No. But he is planning something and I haven't been so scared in my life. I missed you Talen....a lot."

"Ditto." He said moving closer to me and leaning in. I placed my finger on his lips. "We can't...He'll kill me if he found out we kissed. Also, your girl friend might kill you too."

"She's not my-"

"That kiss said other wise..." I backed up and sat back on the bench.

"I only have about 10 more minutes before I have to go." Now that Talen knows I'm alive, I'm definitely getting put in The Haunted tonight. I shook my head at the thought.

"Now that you know that I'm alive, he's going to put me in this place called The Haunted....i can't spend another night in that room. I've spent a year in that room if I added up all the times I've been in there and I still can't handle it."

Talen pulls me into a hug and I snug my head into his shoulder.

"I'm going to finish him tomorrow. If I'm not back then I guess he finished me first. I need to start planning so I need to go...Goodb-"

"Don't say that. I'll see you tomorrow Kora...." We pulled away from our hug. "But please promise me something."

I nodded waiting for him to continue. "Promise that you will come back to me. Promise that you won't leave me again. Please promise me." His eyes made my heart ache and guilt rose and filled my body.

"I can't promise th-"

"Promise me Kora." I sighed before responding, "I promise." A car pulled up and I'm so lucky that we were a few feet away and my sunglasses were on.

"Goodbye Talen." Before he could say anything, I butted in. "But not forever. I'll see you again." I turned around and walked to my worst night mare.