The Plane

JJ's POV

Reid was on the plane before any of us, including our pilot, Andrew, which was pretty weird. I was second to get on, and when I did I saw him reading War and Peace, for probably the 10th time. He had also dimmed the lights.

"Don't read in the dark, your eyes will get messed up." "Actually, that's just a myth created b-" "SOOO Spence, how many times have you read that? 9? 10?"

Don't get me wrong, I like Spencer, but his rambling can be annoying. "Actually only once, in senior year." Reid said, matter-of-factly. "So you read War and Peace when you were 13?" I asked. "Uh, no. I was 12." "Sorry, I forgot you're a genius." I said grinning. He just ignored that.

I turned the lights on all the way and noticed that he flinched. "Hey, are you sure that you're all right?" "JJ, I have a cough. People are going missing and anthrax was stolen. Which seems more important right now?" He asked, looking up. I still noticed that his eyes were squinted. "Reid, I wasn't just talking about your cough." He didn't respond, just went back to reading his stupid book.

"Where did you get the book anyways?" His eyelids flickered. I may not be a profiler, but I knew that meant something. "Reid?" He said, honestly very quietly, "It was left on my porch, with a typed note that said, read up." I just stared. "JJ it's nothing!" I just shook my head and sat down, right as Hotch, Morgan, and Prentiss came in.

Morgan and Prentiss were arguing, something about potato chips. Of course, when Derek asked Reid, he was totally ignored. "Come on, pretty boy, say something that no one needs to know." "Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine." He said tiredly. "Hey, you okay?" Morgan inquired. Reid didn't reply, he just stopped reading, leaned back and closed his eyes. "Guess so."

When Rossi boarded, Hotch said "Okay, in case the person who stole the samples decides to release them, everyone take a pill."

And that was how this whole thing began.