Chapter 16

ANSEL'S POV

I run into the hospital.

"Ma'am, I need to find my daughter. Mary Beth Elgort."

"Can I see ID sir?"

Not to be conceded, but does she really need to see my ID?

"Here." I slam it down, clearly annoyed.

"Right this way sir." She leads me down the hallway to the pediatric care unit. "Room 543, here she is."

TAYLOR'S POV

I stroke Mary Beth's little hand. And then I hear a voice I thought I would be months until I heard it again.

"Taylor?"

It stand up, tears in my eyes, speechless.

"Oh my gosh, sweetie what's-"

I run up and hug him so tightly I think I might kill him. His arms squeeze me equally as tight, but I don't mind one bit.

"I've missed you so much." I whisper.

"I've missed you too."

I let go and show him Mary Beth. She's just got out of the ICU. Her face is pale and fragile.

"What has the doctor said?" He asks.

"They aren't sure if there's major damage yet. We're expecting the MRI tonight. Hopefully it won't be anything that affects her brain."

He kisses her forehead. "You're a great mom, you know. Don't let this put you down. It was one fall, it could have happened to anyone."

I nod, choking back tears. "I know."

He pulls me into another hug. "Hey, don't worry. Lets catch up." He sits me down on his lap.

"So how's filming?" I ask.

"Ehh, it's okay. I much rather be here. Oh, here's a life hack, don't steal Dylan O'Brien's food. He hates that." Ansel chuckles.

"Ansel! What did you do?"

"Well you see, I was hungry. Dylan left his food on his chair. He was shooting, I wasn't, so I took half a sandwich. Eventually, someone ratted me out and Dylan had it in for me. We're buds now so it's all good."

It's impossible for me not to laugh, even if its incredibly stupid. "He sounds fun."

"Very. So what's been happening? Have you hung out with your friends?"

"Nope. Not since the baby. I think my friends think I've died or something cause they never visit me either. It's okay, I never have time anyways."

"Taylor, you need to get out! Once Mary gets out of the hospital, you need to go ride a roller coaster or something. Wow, that's a sentence I've never thought I'd say."

"I'll try Ansel." I sigh, leaning my head on his chest.

"Mrs. Elgort? Oh and Mr. Elgort."

We get up immediately.

"We have the results."

.

.

Wow you all must hate me... But hey, one update is better than none! I'm not going to make excuses cause I have none. Thank you all for reading! I almost have 9K reads! Thank you for all of you who have stayed loyal and kept me in your library, even when it takes me 4 months to update again. I promise It won't be that long until the next one. I love you all! -Abbiesophiaa