Dil Hain Ki Mantaa Nahi

"Dil Hain Ki Mantaa Nahi"

...

The second in command of Mumbai CID sighed heavily as he occupied his chair. Throwing the red colour file on table he had been given by ACP to read before the meeting with DCP, he relaxed his back against his cozy chair. Eyes fixed on the file he rotated his chair left and right for a while and then looked away, annoyed.

On some rare occasions like this the senior inspector got annoyed over his work. Of course most of those rare occasions included DCP Chittrole's involvement but this time it wasn't him. Well, he was somehow. What was the need of a sudden meeting? His half day leave got cancelled because of the sudden call.

He stood up. Pocketing his hands inside his jeans' pockets he walked near the window. He tried to describe his state of mind to himself. To his surprise he didn't find himself angry or annoyed or something sort of like that. It was a different kind of helplessness he was experiencing. He was experiencing it for quite a long time now. Since-

He was forced to stop his analysis when he saw a familiar figure making an exit from the main enterance of bureau premises through his window. He glanced the clock hanged on the wall. 12.30 pm. He looked out again to find the person getting into its car and leaving. He sighed, yet again. One more apology in his basket for the person.

"Abhijeet," Daya entered into his buddy's cabin with another file. "Dekho current case ki..." He stopped seeing his friend in a gloomy mood.

"Kya hua?" Daya asked.

"Kuch nahi..." Abhijeet came out of his thoughts. "Kya keh rahe the tum?"

"Kya baat hain? Bohot low sound kar rahein ho?"

"Kaha na kuch nahi Daya." It was not easy to explain.

"Main current case ke barein mein keh raha tha ki..."

"Wo tum dekh lo... Mujhe ACP sir ke sath Meeting attend karna hain DCP ka. Wo atehi honge. Tabtaq ye file bhi read karna hain." Abhijeet said taking his seat.

"Unhe kya meeting karni hain ab?"

"Kya pata!"

"Tumhara toh half day tha aaj... matlab sham tak ka.." Daya looked at his wrist watch, "12 baje se."

Abhijeet rolled his eyes at Daya.

Daya shook his head disapprovingly getting the reason behind his buddy's sore mood and left the cabin.

Abhijeet started reading the file, hoping the meeting wouldn't take long enough to cancel his plan. A bit delay would be adjustable. But who knew what's there in store for him.

Few hours later Abhijeet entered into his cabin, exhausted mentally after the meeting with DCP. He found Daya on table.

"One more case," Abhijeet murmured.

"Nahi... wo jo case chal raha tha usi ke bare mein baat karna hain." Daya informed his friend.

"Kya baat hain? Bolo." Abhijeet asked, taking his chair.

"Tumhe sayad koi call karna ho. Kar lo pehle." Daya hinted him, thinking Abhijeet must have forgotten during the meeting.

But the thought had never left Abhijeet, not even during the meeting, for mere one second.