Chapter 3

"I still don't get it." I threw my hands up in frustration and hit them on the ceiling of the limousine that was taking us towards the jet. I scowled and rubbed the back of my hands.
Zach looked at me,"What?"
"Why are our best agents being sent out to look for their MINIONS. I mean, shouldn't they be the ones dealing with the boss himself?" Zach shook his head. Townsend was the one to answer,"Ms Morgan, we have some of our best agents watching you on this mission. Observing you. Testing your skills. If anything goes wrong and you need help, they'll step in. But this is your chance to show us what you can really do. Also, minions may have been an understatement. They are quite dangerous and skilled and know what they're facing. They're just as dangerous as Lureo himself." At this point, the limo had stopped and we were told that the jet was ready for take off. Perfect timing. But before any of us had reached the jet, the door pushed open and the stairs unfolded. I looked up, squinting, just making out a shape in the doorway of the jet. I smiled.
"Macey?" I called.
The silhouette made its way down the steps and her features began to appear. She was grinning,"Where do you think the jet came from? I refused to let anyone else give you the jet. I had to do this personally." She saw my expression and said,"What? You thought I'd just turn up at the Gallagher Academy and hug you because I missed you? No, I had Liz cancel the flight that was originally meant to come and pick you up and swap it with my jet and details."
I laughed,"Still breaking rules? You could've just asked them, you know."
She shrugged,"Where's the fun in that?" And I remembered who she was. Not the rich, and well trained spy. But the girl she was before, the girl who managed to kick herself out of all of the schools she was sent to before Gallagher Academy. The girl who learned to hotwire a car way before she should've learnt to. I hugged her."It's good to see you, Mace." And it really was.
"You too Cam." She replied and then turned to Townsend,"It's been a while."
Townsend nodded his head,"It sure has Ms McHenry."
She smiled,"So plant any booby traps recently?"
Townsend sighed on frustration," I'm assuming Abby talked to you?"
Macey smiled,"She did. She told me all about how your romantic holiday is London turned into a mission and you set a booby trap -"
He cut her off with a look. She laughed and turned to Zach, studying him. He did the same back.
"You know, you could just say hello like a normal person." He said. She ignored him.
"Cam seems to be in one piece and she hasn't gone crazy so I suppose I won't kill you just yet." There was a moment of silence. Then their eyes locked, both of their faces broke out into grins and they stepped forward to hug, "You look good, Zach. And you've done well with Cam. And I mean that."
"Thanks Mace. You don't look too bad yourself." The both pulled back and we made our way onto the jet.