Chapter 1: The Start Of Something New

Y/N's P. O. V:

Run. That's all I've been doing for 3 hours. 'I finally did it...' I thought a small smile on my face until I thought of the consequences. 'Oh god... What if he finds me?! Oh, my punishment is going to be awful... I shouldn't have left...!!! I-' My thoughts got cut off by some screaming, and I flinched harshly, turning around and see I made my way out of the city. I turn to where the screaming is, and see a man in a tree, a dog trying to get to him, but it looks like it's playing? 

"Oh god, help me!!!" He yelled, almost slipping from the tree he was in. I hesitate, but run over to the man, shooing the dog away. "Go. Go on, go find your owner." When the dog left, I sighed, forgetting about the man until I heard something drop to the ground behind me. Letting out a short scream, I turn, backing away slightly when I see him look at me. Subconsciously, I think I knew he wouldn't hurt me, and it was unfair to judge him, but all I've ever known was abuse from the male kind. 

As he lifted his hand, I thought he was going to hit me, so I instinctively put my hands up to my face, letting out a small whimper. After a few seconds of nothing happening, I slowly and hesitantly let my arms separate enough to see the man in front of me. He had his arm out, his hand laying sideways like he's going to slap me, but it's not moving. I look at him carefully, seeing he had a shocked look on his face. 

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you... I'm sorry I scared you." He slowly puts his hands in the air, showing he meant no harm. Putting my arms down slowly, I move them to hug myself, looking away slightly. There was an awkward silence, before he cleared his throat lightly. I jumped a little, but if he noticed, he didn't comment. "So, what are you doing out here all alone? It's dark out, you could have gotten hurt." I look up at him surprised, wondering why he even cared about me.

"W-Well... I umm... I ran away..." I'm not sure why, but I felt like I could trust telling this man why I was out here so late. Now that I'm not completely waiting to get hit, I feel this call aura around him. He tilted his head, but something must have clicked because his eyes widened slightly in concern. "So where are you staying then?" I shrugged my shoulders, looking down at the little bit of stuff I had. "I'm not sure... I have just enough money to get a hotel room, and then maybe a train ride away..." 

I had only packed a few clothes and some food I took from father when he was passed out, going to work and then leaving once I got paid. I cashed the check and started walking far from home, but one of fathers 'friends' saw me, and asked what I was doing. He knew I should have been home at that time, and seeing as I was walking in the opposite direction, he caught on and started chasing me. That's why I had run for so long, and didn't realize I was so far out of the city.

"Well... I have a house not far from here... If you'd like you can stay there? It's not much, but it will do." He took out a piece of paper, writing something down and handing it to me. "Just tell the residents that Mikage sent you, ok?" Giving me a kiss on the hand, he grabbed his bag and started walking in the opposite direction of the map. "W-Wait!! Aren't you coming with me...?" I asked, hesitation in my voice.

Mikage turned around, smiling softly and shaking his head. "I'm on a journey, but let them know I sent you and trust me, they'll let you stay." He winked, waving as he walked off. Giving a small wave back, I looked at the map, not sure whether I should trust this or not. It seemed too good to be true for someone like me. Sighing, I realized I have nothing to lose, grabbing my bag, and making my way down the path.