Do you want to become one of Us?

Everything that has happened has raised so many red flags but Jaeyun still chooses to continue staying here. She might be in danger but she likes the thrill of it.

It was thrilling to see what Ray was hiding behind that smile of his and to find out more what Rika was preparing in the basement. It raises questions inside her head she was so curious about.

'You are invited to t.time with me, come to my room on the third level in the evening.'

Jaeyun received a text message from Rika. She was excited as this is her chance to ask Rika what she has been curious about.

While waiting for the evening to come, Jaeyun played the game.

'Jaeyun, whenever you are, I hope you are safe and...

Her phone start to glitch and a message pop up.

'Ray?'

'Surprise! I came to visit you. I see that you are smiling from your phone so I drop by to see. Are you having fun?'

' I am having so much fun right now! Wait, how do you know if I'm smiling right now? *sips tea*'

'Haha! Alright, I'll have to get back to work. When you go back to the game, just tell them that it was a bug, okay?'

'Ray will you be very busy? Can I see you later?'

'I'll come to you.'

The chatroom began glitching again before she was bought back to the game.

'What happened? The chatroom was glitching. Seven, is there something wrong?'

'It was just a bug.'

'How did you know if it's a bug, jaeyun?'

'Anyways, as I said before, I hope you are safe jaeyun.'

Jaeyun thought it was funny that a fictional character is so worried about her when in reality, no one cares about her.

She scoffed to herself and got herself ready to meet rika.

She knocks on the door followed by a soft 'come in'

She opened the door to see rika smiling widely at her. Rika was sitting at the center of the room with a long table full of deserts.

Jaeyun sat down and Rika poured a cup of tea for her.

"Jaeyun, have you given it a thought about what I told you the other day?"

"About becoming one of you?"

"Yes. What do you think about it?"

Rika smiled as jaeyun hesitated to answer.

Although it was dark, she can see the garden clearly and there, stood Ray.

She saw his back as he was busy with the flowers in the garden.

When Ray turned around to fill the bucket, he made eye contact with jaeyun and wave his hands at her.

"What do I have to do if I want to become one of you?"

Jaeyun asked as she breaks the eye contact with Ray and shifted her attention back to Rika.

"You have to be cleansed thoroughly and drink an elixir to become one of us. It's a simple process."

"Was Ray cleansed as well?"

"Everyone who stays here has to be cleansed."

"Is it painful?"

"It depends on the person."

"Why do I always hear screaming coming from the basement? Is that where the cleansing takes place?"

Rika burst out laughing and stared at Jaeyun.

"It must be your imaginations. Nothing like that happened in the basement."

RIka grips on the teacup hard making her hand tremble.

She took another sip and turn to face Jaeyun.

"So? Have you made up your mind?"

Jaeyun gave it another thought.

There is no reason for her to reject rika's offer. She has no one and this place is already like a home to her.

She already struck a deal with Ray and have a limitless supply of tea. She also has the garden of utopia here.

It was already like paradise here and she was also very curious about what Ray and Rika are hiding from her.

"Yes. I want to become one of you."

"Great! You made the right choice. I'm glad you decided to be one of us. I will make the necessary preparations and your cleansing will take place in a week."

Rika smiled happily.

It was close to midnight and she took a walk to the garden.

"Jaeyun~"

She glances at her side to see Ray smiling at her.

"I was waiting for you."

His smile widens and places his hand on his heart. He was nervous when he said that but jaeyun showed no reaction at all.

Her mind was somewhere else.

"I heard about it from the savior."

"Do you think I make the right choice ray? I heard you have to go through the cleansing as well. Does it hurt to be cleansed?"

Ray seems hesitant to answer her as though he had something to say to her.

"It doesn't hurt but the elixir is bitter. It's like drinking sophora tea. Don't worry, I will be by your side when you are cleansed."

"I heard someone is about to get cleansed, do you want to go and see?"

Jaeyun heard one of the believers said and she smirked to herself.

An opportunity was presented to her.

Finally, I get to know what is in the basement.