Chapter 1

"Let's go Rosie! We're gonna be late again" my boyfriend screamed at me while running across the small lonely bridge. I was running behind him with the wind blowing my skirt up, and making my strawberry blond hair fly with the wind.

"I'm running as fast as I can Will!" I screamed back. As we were running across a stop sign a black fancy car was driving straight at me.

"STOP AHHH" I screamed when the car stopped after bumping me to the floor.
"Rosalind!" Will said running back to me.

"Are you okay?" He said helping me up. I was to busy looking at the cars window to get a glimpse at who hit me. But the car windows were pure black.

"I'm fine" I said turning to him. " let's go". I said starting to run again. He started running too, but at the same pace as me.

When we got to wills uncle cafe, I took my bag of in the first stool I saw. I started speed walking toward the stage when wills uncle grabbed my hand "ouch" I said because the grip was so hard. "Your late" he said with his deep dark voice. "I'm sorry i got out of school late finishing a test" I said nervously while playing with my skirt looking down to the floor. "Will begged me to let you sing here, and I gave you a shot. Don't be late again girl." He then left. I turned around and walked to the stage and got in front of the mic. I turned to see will fixing him guitar.

"You ready?" I said quietly. He looked up and smirked "are you ready? Your the shy one here" I smiled awkwardly at him and looked at the crowd. There was about twenty people today. What caught my eye were four men sitting on the stools in the Side. They were wearing all black but you could tell they were a good brand. The one closest to me was staring at me , he had dark intense eyes like if they could my soul.
I blushed a bit and then I heard will start the song and I close my eyes and start to sing.

"They say I'm too young to love you
I don't know what I need
They think I don't understand
The freedom land of the seventies
I think I'm too cool to know ya
You say I'm like the ice I freeze
I'm churning out novels like
Beat poetry on Amphetamines
I say
I say

Well, my boyfriend's in a band
He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed
I've got feathers in my hair
I get down to Beat poetry
And my jazz collection's rare
I can play most anything
I'm a Brooklyn baby
I'm a Brooklyn baby

They say I'm too young to love you
They say I'm too dumb to see
They judge me like a picture book
By the colors, like they forgot to read
I think we're like fire and water
I think we're like the wind and sea
You're burning up, I'm cooling down
You're up, I'm down
You're blind, I see
But I'm free
I'm free

Well, my boyfriend's in a band
He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed
I've got feathers in my hair
I get down to Beat poetry
And my jazz collection's rare
I can play most anything
I'm a Brooklyn baby
I'm a Brooklyn baby

I'm talking about my generation
Talking about that newer nation
And if you don't like it
You can beat it
Beat it, baby
You never liked the way I said it
If you don't get it, then forget it
So I don't have to fucking explain it

And my boyfriend's in a band
He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed
I've got feathers in my hair
I get high on hydroponic weed
And my jazz collection's rare
I get down to beat poetry
I'm a Brooklyn baby
I'm a Brooklyn baby

Yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool
But he's not as cool as me
Cause I'm a Brooklyn baby
I'm a Brooklyn baby"

I open my eyes and I hear loud clapping and shouting. I smile at them shyly and I turn to see the mysterious man on the stool smileing slowly at me. Even the smile had a dark touch to it. I turned to will and he smiled at me. I walked down the stage and turned to will.

"You did amazing baby" he said while kissing my lips. He moaned in the kiss and I pushed him off. "Will we're in public". He simply laughed and walked to his friends. I walked towards my bag...and then I remembered I left it next to the mysterious man. I slowly walked up to the stool and got my bag and was looking for my phone.

"You're singing is fascinating" the man said to me. I looked up and met his beautiful eyes.

"Thank you sir" I said. Even though he was sitting he was still taller than me.

"I never really liked singers you know, most of them are so cocky about themselves. But your different you give with great passion and don't even know how good it is" He said staring at me deeply. "my names Ares blackwood by the way" he said grabbing my Hand and kissing the top

"My names Rosalind" I said quietly. His friends got up and told him it's time to leave.

" well then Rosie I'll see you around" he said to me and left.

sorry it's short! I'll be updating often I think since it's winter break.

COMMENT AND VOTE FOR 2 CHAPTER