Chapter 6

It was a swift walk to the dining hall. Lucas was leading the group, with the Canons flanking him, and the others trailing behind. They could hear a loud murmur coming from where they where headed.

As soon as Lucas and the dwarves walked in, all the conversation stopped.
His friends were smiling at him, Damian, Jason Hade and Eliza Gharn's sniggers at the dwarves expense could be heard. All the commoners were looking at them with interest.

Cameron and Osiagh sat down at the commoners table, and the Canons went to join them, only to be stopped by Lucas, who took them to his table. He didn't miss the angry stares from the other students, accept his friends.

After introducing Jarred and Belle to his friends, Lucas asked what all the talking they had heard before was about. Charlie was quick to answer. "A elven summoner named Sylva Arkienia has found the old, long forgotten elven keys to the ether. After sending her Griffin in there, she reported it to be teeming with rare demons. Apparently she even saw a Jotun!" He said. Jarred and Belle looked amazed, while Lucas's eyes gleamed. He knew where he would be capturing the Canons demons from.

_______________________________

"Students! Your spell craft lesson with Captain Arcturus has been postponed. Instead, you will get to witness our prince, Lucas, capturing Jarred and Belle Canons demons." The Provost said. All the cadets looked over two their table, making all Lucas's friends go red, accept him, who had kept a cool look on.

_______________________________

After all the cadets had put a decent amount of mana into Lucas's charging stone, Lucas summoned his demons. All the cadets, accepted his friends, gasped in awe at the array of rare and powerful demons. Even Damian looked impressed, if slightly put out and annoyed.

Lucas had decided he would send all three of his demons into the elven part of the ether. That would give him a better chance of capturing a powerful demon for each of the dwarves.

Lucas was surprised when Sylva herself walked in. She nodded to Lovett, before walking over to Lucas with a mat in hand.

"These are the elven keys," Sylva said, pointing to the mat. Lucas nodded, before beginning to create a portal using them. Soon, a slowly rotating, glowing disk was hovered above it. Captain Lovett touches a three huge scrying crystals to his demons, so all the cadets could use them. He then sent all os his demons through.

The portal opens to a meadow surrounded by trees on all sides. Perfect. Lucas mad Tomak go left, Hanon right and Kalep to take to the skies straight ahead.

_______________________________

Kalep was the first to find something. It was a wisp of smoke coming from a volcano in the distance. He began to fly straight to it.

As soon as Kalep got close, Lucas knew that going to the elven ether had been a good decision. He could see it was teeming with life, most of which was powerful. There were Kirin fighting over females, Alicorns flying around, Canids and Felids roaring and growling, and an abundance of lower level pray demons. Lucas even swore he saw a Ifrit climbing the slopes of the volcano.

After searching for ten minutes, Kalep found what Lucas was looking for. A Phoenix nest.

Kalep waited around for a bit before hiding when Lucas spotted the elemental avian flying home.

After a swift airborne battle, the demon hung limp in Kalep's talons. The Hippogriff began the flight back two the portal.

_______________________________

While all this was going on, Tomak had found his target. He knew his masters wishes. Bring home the demon for harnessing. He snorted before approaching the Lycan.

The battle was swift. Fur, tooth, and claw all merged in a writhing mass. The Lycan ended up being dragged back to the portal by Tomak.

_______________________________

Tomak held the Lycan over a summoning leather for Jarred two harness. His face went red, and he was puffing and panting by the end of it, but it finally dissolved into violet light. Jarred's face was a picture of pure Ecstasy, from the bliss of his first infusion. Hanon was back with a mite, and Kalep was nearly there with Belle's Phoenix. After a minute Jarred also summoned the Mite.

Belle has now infused the Phoenix, which she had promptly called Ember. Jarred's Lycan has been named Shreen, and his Mite Raned. Both of the dwarves were thanking him profusely. The rest of the cadets, apart from Damian, clapped and whooped.