Chapter 6

ERICA'S POV

Grandpa and I started at the back of the mansion. I was still really confused.. I mean, wasn't Leo Shang China's problem?

And wasn't he arrested?

Grandpa must have noticed my pause, because he stopped walking and sighed.
"What?" he asked, with an edge to his voice. I inwardly flinched.

"It's just that, Leo Shang isn't even supposed to be here, he's supposed to be in jail. Not to mention, now that he is..how is that the CIA's problem?" 

Grandpa made an irritated noise.

"I thought I taught you more than that!" he huffed, and I bit my lip. My head was out of the game, and that couldn't do.

"It's the CIA's problem, because Dane Brammage and Paul Lee work for SPYDER..or at least Dane does," he explained, and I nodded.

Shoot.

How could I have forgotten something so important? 

We kept walking to the back door of the mansion, until Grandpa signaled me to contact Ben. I turned on my earpiece, and sighed.

"Ben do you hear me?"

BEN'S POV

"Ben do you hear me?" 

Erica's voice sliced through the earpiece, and rattled me. Turning my earpiece on I quickly shot down a reply. 

"Affirmative," I sighed.

"Good, now do you have everything you need on you?" she asked, in which I replied a 'yes'. Leo Shang was supposed to meet a man named Li Wei, and I was disguised as him. I was wearing a black hair wig, and dark brown eye contacts. My face had a extremely huge amount of makeup on it, and I had tiny spectacles on my face. Thank the gods Li Wei was a short man.

Li Wei was scheduled to meet Leo Shang at six-hundred, or 6:00 PM. It was 5:30, and since Li Wei was known for appearing early to events, I was supposed to go in. Once I was in, Erica had estimated I would have approximately 10 minutes to find Jessica and explain the situation to her and then sneak out. The real Li Wei would arrive at exactly 5:40  and that's when the security guards would know something was up. 

"Going in" I sighed.

I handed my identification card to one of the heavily armed bodyguards, and nodding, they let me in. 

The mansion was a twisted maze of hallways, but finding Jessica Shang's bedroom was pretty easy, as a sign was posted above the bedroom quarters, and she had her room door decorated with her name.

"8 minutes" Erica whispered in my ear. I quickly coughed, and signal that I found Jessica's room, to let Erica know. 

knock knock

I heard the shuffling of feet and a groan from the other side. "Who is it?" a girl's voice rang out. 

"Someone you know..?" I replied, trying not to be too obvious or too vague. More shuffling feet.

A falling book.

Another groan. 

"Coming," Jessica rang out, and quickly opened the door. 

"Who are you?" she asked, on her guard, I could see a peek of her luxurious room behind her. I quickly removed my wig, spectacles, and wiped off some of my makeup and smiled.

"Hey Jessica,"

The next update will probably be tomorrow or Thursday