Ch3

Ch. 3:

Even after two days after Raven told her the basics of being a vampire, Kaylee’s head was still spinning with all of the information. It has been forty-eight hours since Kaylee had talked to anyone, forty-eight hours since she had even stepped a foot outside. Nothing was stopping her from leaving her place or even from talking to people. She just wanted to wait for Raven to return, with a print out of all the new rules she must now live by.

Kaylee sighed out as she sat in her living room, all the lights out. If she were still human she wouldn’t even be able to see the hand she now held in front of her face. She was no longer human though, she was a vampire, and she could see everything in her pitch-black living room. She laid flat on her back in the middle of the floor, and stared at the ceiling fan. When watching the fan became boring, she began to play ‘name that smell’. Soon after beginning that game, she caught a whiff of the city dump and decided to quit that game immediately. She forced herself to ignore all the smells from beyond her apartment walls.

She had been surrounded by meaningless noise. The normal noise of the city that is. With her enhanced hearing it sounded as if the city was right there in her living room.

Soon the sun began to rise, making the apartment light up as it rose higher and higher over the eastern horizon. Kaylee remained on her floor still, she never noticed how lonely she had been until then. Sure she had friends, but they never really got to hang out. Now, she had to keep everything a secret from everyone she knew. No one could know about her being a vampire, which meant that someday she would have to disappear and never see anyone she knew again.

“Don’t think about that yet,” She said to herself. “Great, now I am talking to myself.” She sat up and looked around the now completely lit up room and sighed. “How long does it take to get a print out of the rules of the damned?” She didn’t realize how much she enjoyed Raven’s company until he had left. She even missed his know-it-all attitude. 

Kaylee only thought it would be a matter of minutes for him to return. He sure bragged about his amazing speed, so where was he now? “Did he swim the whole way to the damned island?” She smirked at the image her last statement left in her head. Then a sick feeling made it’s way to her stomach, “What if something bad happened to Raven?”

That thought sent Kaylee to her feet. She walked towards her window, leaned her back against the wall, with her right hand she parted the curtain ever so slightly and peered out the window sideways. “He can’t be hurt…” She bit her lower lip. He’s my only hope…

Hours passed by faster than she would have thought possible, to her it only seemed as if a couple minutes passed, but before she knew it, it was noon. Kaylee continued to stare out her window, in the same stance she started in. All of her senses focused on Raven, even though he was no where around. Only god, and Raven, knew where he could be.

*** Knock, knock ***

Kaylee jumped at the knocking coming from her door. The aura didn’t seem like Raven’s, and the energy wasn’t even close to being as strong as his. Still her curiosity got the best of her.

She opened the door to a pale skinned, black haired, blue eyed female the same height she was. None other than her best friend, Karen. “Where have you been Kaylee?! Your boss called me complaining that you have missed three days of work in a row.” Karen barged through the opened door, pushing passed the very shocked Kaylee. “You haven’t been answering your phone either!”