Chapter One

I walked outside as my friends Annie, Tyler and his younger brother Kyle came over so we could walk to school; Tyler, Annie and I have been friends ever since we were born, our mothers have been friends for a long time but my mom died when she had...

I walked outside as my friends Annie, Tyler and his younger brother Kyle came over so we could walk to school; Tyler, Annie and I have been friends ever since we were born, our mothers have been friends for a long time but my mom died when she had me and my dad left me with his parents. They own a Ranch where lots of people come buy our famous honey and to see the animals, I have four horses, six pigs including a piglet, a coup of chickens, a herd of Cows and Sheep, a dog and a cat; It's fun to be outside and take care of the animals with my grandfather on my free time, my grandmother used to plant vegetables but she grew ill and died of cancer just last year so I had to take over the garden.

"So I got cast as Puck." Kyle said and I smiled "That's great, I got an audition for a music school. I have some song ideas that would make sure I got in. Then I'll get discovered and become famous!" "Oh congrats." Tyler said and Annie nodded "Maybe I should ask for autographs?" She asked and we both laughed. "Well, he needs help spelling his name." "Oops, you forgot you aren't funny." Kyle chuckled and I rolled my eyes "Seriously, first a baseball star and a amazing singer and now a theater star. Am I even worthy to walk to school with the three of you?" Annie asked and I sighed "I'm just playing Puck, its not even the lead." "But its the best part, and you're only a freshman." I told Kyle and Tyler nodded "Yeah, Midsummer's Night's Nerd!" He said and ruffled Kyles hair which made me and Annie laugh. We got to school and Tyler and I walked over to the team leaving Kyle and Annie "So Macy, you want to hang tonight after practice? My parents are gonna be working late tonight." Jackson asked and I sighed looking at Tyler then back to Jackson. "Can't, I have to go straight to my grandpa's after practice." I told him and he nodded "Cool, some other time, then?" "Sure." I muttered then me and Tyler went to math class.

After school I changed into my baseball uniform and walked out on the field, my uncle is the coach which sometimes I help get the boys started with our exercises. My uncle Cal called me over but not before Jackson and Tyler started fighting and me and my uncle ran over to stop them "Ty! Jacks! Stop fighting!" I yelled and pulled Tyler while my uncle pulled Jackson away from Tyler "Both of you, laps around the field now." My uncle told them and I looked at Tyler to make sure he was calmed down "I'm alright, Mace." Tyler muttered and I smiled at my nickname he always calls me. I helped bring the baseball equipment into the field house and Tyler came walking next to me "So what were you and Jackson fighting about, now?" I asked and he sighed "Just something stupid, you know." he told me and we walked to the bus ramp and I saw Tyler's mom "Hey, aunt Maddie." I said and she smiled "Hi, Macey." She said and Tyler waved goodbye getting into his moms car. "I should go." Maddie told my uncle and they left, I looked up at my uncle as he watched them drive away and I smiled "You like her." I muttered and he scoffed then pulled me into a side hug "You ready?" He asked me and I nodded. We walked to his truck and my uncle drove me home, once we got there my grandfather was outside feeding the animals and my English Shepherd, Poe came running out of the house barking and I smiled "Hey boy! I missed you too!" I chuckled and petted him. "Hey, sweet pea." My grandpa said and kissed the top of my head "Why don't you go finish feeding the chickens while I talk to your uncle ok." He said and I nodded and he gave me the bucket filled with corn for the chickens.