Part 1

Jirou's POV

"The stars are so beautiful tonight," I said as I walked down the empty street. It was the middle of the night and all I could feel was the cold air around me all I was wearing was a black hoodie, black jeans, and pair of old shoes. I should be at home but.. my parents threw me out when I came out as bisexual... I should have never come out... I wish I was normal... Why couldn't I have just liked men.. now I'm all alone...

"I'm such an idiot," I said watching my breath freeze in front of me.

Tears start streaming down my face as I lie down on the bench I've been using as a bed for the past week, I guess it's not all bad I get to sleep staring at the stars.

I sigh remembering times from before I came out the way we'd always watch movies together and go on fun road trips and-

'Ugh stop thinking about them' I groan as I try to shake my thoughts out of my head, after a while of trying I decide I'm just not going to get any sleep tonight. I wipe the tears from my eyes and pull my knees to my chest.

"There's no point in crying about it now.." I get up and take a walk trying to clear my head. I look up at the stars as I stroll aimlessly down the street humming the tune of a song I've had stuck in my head for weeks but can't remember the lyrics to.

I turn into a random alley after walking for a few more seconds start hearing a deep growling sound. I freeze being too scared to move until I hear a hissing sound. I slowly turn towards the sound to see a stray dog trying to attack a cat. I try to turn and run but before I can try, I end up kicking a beer bottle on the ground.

"Shit," I say under my breath as the dog's attention turns towards me. It let out a deep growl that sent shivers down my spine.

"Fuck this is it I'm dead" I started to panic as it slowly started to walk toward me continuing to make that terrifying growling noise. Just as the dog was about to pounce on me the cat attacked it and managed to scratch its eye. The dog swatted the cat into the wall and ran away soon after leaving the cat on the ground I went over to it to see if it was ok.

I walked over to it my heart was still beating at a million miles per hour and crouched onto the ground. It was a black cat and it looked like it was hurt. I wanted to see if it was ok but as I reached out to it hissed at me. I quickly pulled my hand back and began to think that maybe this was the best idea.

'If it doesn't want my help maybe I should just leave it alone' I was about to get up but it crawled into my hoodie pocket and appeared to have fallen asleep.

"U-Um... I guess you can sleep there for now.." After a few minutes of sitting and staring at a wall, I began to fall asleep I tried to stay up but that didn't work very long as my body was forcing me to sleep.

I woke up to realize that cat had moved from my pocket and was now sleeping in my lap. I tried to see if he was hurt now that he was asleep.

"He's so small," I said checking to see if it was hurt. I realized that there was a cut on his front leg so I gently picked him up to see the cut. It wasn't that bad so I wrapped it in cloth I found on the ground not knowing if it would help either way. He had woken up a while after I finished and climbed off my lap started stretching next to me.

I got up and walked away just to realize that he had begun to follow me but with a limp.

I crouched down and told him to stay but instead he just climbed on my arm and rested on my shoulder. "Ok whatever you can stay, for now I guess," I muttered standing back up.

I went back to the same park I had been in before and sat in the grass leaning against a tree. As I sat there, I saw kids playing with their parents and started thinking back to mine.

I started tearing up again but the kitten on my shoulder started nuzzling its head against mine, making me giggle and cheering me up a bit. I gently pulled him from my shoulder and put him into my lap and stroked him behind the ear making him purr.

"Maybe I should give you a name" I whispered to myself "Mh.. what about coal? Do you like that? " I jokingly asked him but just he climbed back up and back onto my shoulder and fell asleep again.

"I'll take that as a yes," I said smiling to myself.

.

.

.

.

AAAAAA- y'all pls help meeee I wrote most of this story at like 2 am so it might be crappy if there are grammar mistakes please tell me or if there are any tips you'd like to give me I'd appreciate it I love you all I hope you have a good day/night!! 💚💚💚