Eating Habits

So you wanted angst for our deeply insecure (Y/n)? Then here you go!

Trigger warning: slight suggestion of an eating disorder, and many many negative thoughts by (Y/n). Proceed with caution!

———

You were a jokester—or at least, that's what most people call you. You're pretty open-minded when it comes to joking or sarcastic comments, since you usually start them off. You've learnt to laugh it off and reply playfully. But there were times where.. you can't shrug off some things.

Like this one.

"Another snack? Again?" Arthur sighed. "If you keep this up, then you'll turn into an Alfred 2.0, you know?"

You flinched, laughing nervously as the eyebrowman leaned on the doorway. "W-well, I was hungry so—"

"Come on, leave her be, Arthur. You know she likes eating every time." Leon appeared next to you, holding a glass of water. "Besides, aren't you done doing your 'everyday checkup'?"

"Oh? Yao didn't inform you? We're having our meeting here." Arthur smiled, mirth dancing in his eyes. Leon chuckled and replied, but you tuned it all out.

Your mind were glazed over by the comments earlier.

She likes eating every time.

They were joking, you knew that. But considering it was the 47th time you've heard those type comments in just a few days, maybe they were getting annoyed at your behavior.

It was just a joke, you reminded yourself as you placed the biscuits down to the counter. It was just a joke, they didn't mean for it to affect you like this. You didn't want to ruin the moment by being self-conscious once again— although, joking about your flaws made you feel a little bit better, you knew that if you do that right now, you'd end up hating yourself. Again.

"(Y/n)?" You hummed, staring at Leon with an eyebrow raised. Wait, when did he walked out of the kitchen? And where was Arthur?

"Didn't you just heard? Come on, Yao will smack us if we totally make our dinner cold."

You laughed nervously, scratching your neck and averting your gaze. "I'm not that hungry, tell him I'll eat later."

You were about to leave the kitchen, but a certain American peeked behind Leon's shoulders and gasped. "Woah! (Y/n) refusing food? This is the first time in history!" He laughed, and it took all of your energy to avoid blanching at his joke.

"Oh shush." You rolled your eyes and smirked, ignoring the twitching of your lips at the unnatural and humorless smirk. "I just had a little snack earlier, no biggie. Now if you'll excuse me, I got my own village to tend to."

You ignored Leon's suspicious stare as you went up to your room. There's no harm in skipping a meal today, after all, you've filled your stomach with too much snacks now. And if you feel hungry, then you can go back down and eat something!

Despite saying that, you ended up ignoring the rumbles of your stomach by sleeping it off.

———

"(Y/n)!" Yao grinned, watching you step foot into the living room dazedly. "Finally you're out of that cave, aru! Kiku brought some snacks, you should go pick out some!"

You noticed (F/n) and Yong Soo crouched down in front of a pile of convenient store bags, while Kiku and Leon were sitting on the sofa.

"Heya Kiks," you greeted, a small smile plastered on your face. You felt tired at the lack of breakfast, you were used to eating at a healthy schedule, so going against it made your stomach rumble and your limbs heavier. It felt uncomfortable, yet there's a sense of familiarity to it..