Comfort

Ashton is getting a lot of hate and he can't deal with it anymore. Luke knows something's wrong with his friend and he'll do whatever to make him feel better.

Luke's POV

It was Friday night and Mikey and I were watching a movie together like we usually would. "Hey, are Calum and Ashton coming?" I asked. Every Friday night, we would all spend together. "Yeah, they said they're on their way." Mikey said and then turned his attention back to the movie. 10 minutes later, Ashton and Calum walked in and threw themselves onto the couch. Calum and Mikey started talking about the movie. Ashton was very quiet today. He looked sad. "Hey, Ash. Are you alright?" I asked him. "Yeah. I'm fine." He said, though he didn't look fine at all. "Ashton, you don't look like you are." I said. He just kept his attention on the movie. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I whispered. "Well, Mikey and Calum are here, and I kind of just wanna tell you." He said. "Ok. Come on." I said standing up. We walked out of the living room and Calum yelled, "Hey, you guys are gonna miss the best part!" I really just wanna see what's up with Ash. We walked onto my room and I closed the door behind us. We sat on my bed. "You can tell me what's going on, Ash." I said. "I, no never mind. You'll just think I'm stupid." He said. "No I won't. I care about you, Ash." I said to him. "Ok. Well people have been telling me I'm ugly and fat and that I suck at playing the drums and I can't handle it anymore." He said. "Who's been saying that?" I asked him. "You, know. People on Instagram and Twitter." He said. "Ashton they're just haters. You're the best drummer I've ever met. You have muscle and you're not fat. And you're not ugly, either. If you ask me, I'd say you're handsome." I said trying to get him to feel better. "Do you really think I'm handsome?" He asked me. "Yes. And any girl would be lucky to have you." I said. "Thanks." He said. We hugged but he didn't let go for a while. "Ash, don't listen to them. You have Cal and Mikey. You have me, too." I said once he finally let go. "Yeah. I know." He said. "But do you know what would really make me and you happy?" I asked him putting on a smile. "What?" He asked returning my smile. "A selfie to post on Twitter telling everyone that I've got your back." I said. We laughed. "Okay, okay." He said. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and we took a selfie. I posted it. "Yeah, that did make me feel a little better." He said. Then, we looked into each other's eyes. We didn't say anything, though. I just looked in his beautiful hazel ones and he looked in my blue ones. Our stare lasted forever. He leaned in and kissed me. Our kiss didn't last long, but it was probably the best moment of my life. Ashton didn't know, but I've been crushing on him for a little while now. "Do you feel better now?" I whispered into his ear. "Yes. A lot better." He said. We returned back into the living room, where Cal and Mikey were half cuddling and watching another movie. Me and Ashton stood there looking at them for a little bit until they noticed. "What? The blanket wasn't big enough to spread across the both of us, so we're trying to make it fit by cuddling. A little." Mikey said. "Don't worry. We're not judging you." Ashton said. We took our seat and started to cuddle ourselves. This was probably one of my favorite Fridays.