C H A P T E R 9

"Gloss! On time again!" Mr Kim said, he gave me the usual instructions as I nodded and gave a small smile.

I did my usual routine. Once I finished, Mr Kim handed me my paycheck and praised me for my work once again. I gave him a small smile as I began heading out to the streets.

I looked around, staring at the city lights as I took out my work, I hope today someone will buy my work..

I began selling my work once again, ignoring the looks people were giving me.

It's hard okay? Stop giving me those looks..

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around to see a middle aged lady.

"Hello dear, I see you're selling something," she peaked at what I was selling, "Are this your work?" I nodded as I gave her the work I made last night.

She scanned through it and looked at me with a smile. " I want to buy it. How much?" I looked at her, I was shock and confused, was she really going to buy, or was she going to cheat my money?

I gulped as I looked at her with pleading eyes, "10,000 won ma'am.." she smiled as she handed me 15, 000 won. "Keep the change," she said as she took my work and walked away. I smiled.

I stared at my stomach, each time I stared at the mirror, I'd see the outlines of my bones. I barely had enough food to it, I was so skinny.

I smiled, its okay, I won't starve, not today.

I went to get myself a meal and ate like there was no tomorrow, I was so happy. After that I took a bus home. Smiling to myself.

I may not know you ma'am, but thank you..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schools starting for me but I'll try my best to update! 💜