❯ sixteen

if this chapter is shitty,
it's kinda unedited :>>
school started three weeks ago
and i'm dying

heemin?
changbin asked confused, seeing a girl about the age eleven hugging a shorter boy. changbin looked around and noticed the place he was at was the airport where he last saw the girl.

an orb appeared beside changbin, yellow and inside was heemin's bracelet that changbin gave to her when they were five.
"do you remember this scenario, seo changbin?"
a voice whispered in changbin's head and the boy nodded.
this is the airport where i last saw her, that's heemin, my childhood friend. she was my only friend, today was the day she flies to the states to study. that's me telling her goodluck, she would just smile and say she'd visit soon, but she never did.
changbin said sadly, looking at the young him with the girl the only one he had as a friend.

"do you know why the cave brought you here?"
the orb glowed a bit, changbin thought out for a moment. what hyunjin and seungmin have said about the cave, his secret desire or his greatest fear.
this is my secret desire, for her not to leave me.

"she loved you, you know. if you just told her to stay, she would've....."
changbin's eyes widened, his childhood friend, the person he also loved. but the fifteen year old was confused, he didn't know what to feel anymore. he did want heemin back, but at the same time there was something pulling his heart back.

he glanced at his younger self, containing his tears.
"that necklace the bearer of chronokinesis gave you. with your full hearted desire, you can turn back time and stop her from leaving you."

changbin touched the necklace felix gave him, his breathing unsteady. he can only use it once, but right now, was bringing heemin back really worth it?

the cave was testing him if he would give in, he glanced at himself again, four years ago when he turned his back against the world yet opening his heart to the only person that accepted him. now was his change to have her back but why was he hesitating? was there other reasons why heemin seemed to be so far out his heart?

he clutched the necklace of clock.
maybe there is.

he said and placed his hands on his side, looking at his younger self smiling.
there was a reason he was smiling with full heart that day, even if his friend was leaving. heemin worked hard to get that scholarship in the states, and he was happy his friend was close to reaching her dreams. he remembered he was happy for her and chose to wait.

❝ "don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened." she would always tell me that and that's what i did that day. she passed by in my life and i'm grateful, right now i have more people that i don't want to lose.
changbin said and with all his might, he summoned electricity and exploded it all around, destroying the orb making the scenario fade and he was back in the labyrinth of the cave.

"do you remember him?"
someone had said to jeongin who was looking around confused, he turned and gasped seeing a buff boy, grinning at a little boy younger than him.
hey, that's me!
he said seeing the scared boy whimpering while the buff boy cracked his knuckles.
and that's my bully in first grade, i was so scared of him and until now.... im still traumatized.

"do you want revenge little jeonginnie?"
an orb appeared beside the boy who bullied him, a car being the object inside.
"make a choice and you shall overcome your fear."

this is the day i got ran over by a car because.... i tried saving him.
the thirteen year old pursed his lips, he was angry at his bully, but when he saw that car passing, he remembered how he pushed him away and instead, he got hit.
"it was supposed to him jeongin! he made you miserable yet you still saved him! why!?"

jeongin shook a little, he glanced at his young and little self. remembering why he did that, he was afraid of his bully of course, he was in a coma for a year, he could've died. that innocence in his eyes, jeongin remembered it so clearly, it made him smile a bit.
mom told me to always be kind. he's human too, he said his sorry to me some time soon. holding a grudge and getting revenge doesn't make me a better person.
the boy smiled and created light on his palms, exploding light as he hit the orb and returned back into the cave.

𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 : 𝟷𝙾𝟷𝟿𝟸𝙾