The Prophecy

After a few minutes of walking through the thick grass and enlarged plants, they eventually stopped when they are face to face with a huge mushroom. On top of it Momo could clearly make out the shape of a large larva like creature sleeping on it.

Momo could only just stare at its large yellow body as it slowly moved as it was being awakened by Tooru and Mina who were trying their best to shake the the stump of the mushroom.

A slow cough indicated that the so called catterpillar was awake. Momo could just stare as the catterpillar turned its body to face her. It looked very peculiar indeed and it doesn't even look like any ordinary catterpillar. Its body is yellow while its head was actually black along with lazy black eyes that were looking at Momo's direction. She could tell that the catterpillar looked so drowsy since she can make out the eyebags forming under its eyes.

Momo just gulped as her eyes fixated onto the catterpillar's lazy looking ones. Is this the catterpillar that will answer all of my questions?  Momo nervously thought to herself.

"Im Aizawa or as they call me...im the catterpillar." He lazily said to her. He looked so sleepy and drowsy that he looked as though he could fall asleep at any time. But still Momo felt as though he was someone no one dared to cross."So...finally you decided to come"

Momo again was shocked. "Me...Why would you all wait for me? I.. i" but then the catterpillar cut her off. "Its all written in the prophecy."

"What prophecy? Pls tell me? Why am I here? And what should i do?" Momo could just stutter numerous questions. She couldn't believe a single thing that is happening. But then catterpillar gave her an annoyed grunt which then made her and the other flower girls flinch and become silent at once.

"So annoying... too many questions already." He said as he gave a heavy sigh at her. Momo could just gulp. Seeing that Momo was silent, Aizawa gave another sigh before finally revealing the prophecy.

"According to the prophecy, a girl that came from the other world will come one day here in wonderland and bring peace throughout the land. And that girl is you." He said in his monotone voice. Momo could just stutter the words how and why. The 16 yr old girl looked much paler than before. This is a mistake. Why me? What should i do?  Momo thought to herself. She trembling a bit as she was so confused and scared at the same time. Itsuka and the others noticed her and they began comforting her which made her relax a bit.

Aizawa also noticed this so in a rare moment he gave her a small smile. "The prophecy won't choose you if youre not worthy. And i think you still have what it takes to bring peace to this land" he said now in a calmer tone. Momo gave a shaky sigh and looked directly at his eyes. "So what should I do, what happened to Wonderland that i must fix?" The ravenette asked now with a tone much braver.

"Wonderland was once a peaceful place. All of its inhabitants lived in harmony however that all changed when a new ruler had taken the throne of the red kingdom. The evil red king was ruthless to anyone who opposses him." The catterpillar said to her. "Opposing him means its off with your head."

Momo gulped in horror when he emphasized the last part. "So....What...what...should...i do?" She asked nervously. Aizawa gave another sigh. "You are the one destined to kick him off his throne. Once the king is powerless, wonderland would return back to its peaceful state."

The young girl was now more nervous than ever. She has to face a ruthless king that could easily kill her if she opposses him. What should i do?  This question kept popping into her head. In a desperate attempt to know on how to defeat the king she asked him once again but she felt her wolrd crumble when the catterpillar had answered her.

"The prophecy didn't specify on how will you defeat him since all up to you."

Momo had her mouth open. She was so terrified now. Is she really the chosen one? If she was, why was she trembling in fright? All up to me?   Momo was about to answer that maybe she wasn't the one they were waiting for. She just wanted to run and go back to her home but as she looked at the faces of the ones who were with her, she saw the desperated looks etched on their faces. It would hurt them more if they found out that they were waiting for nothing.

Momo just stood rooted to the spot very silent as she thought for a long moment. If i dont do something then they will suffer but i did went to the king, he would kill me. Momo kept thinking but then she had reached a decision. She was still hesitang about this but she felt that was the right thing that she must do.

"If I'm really the one, then...ill go"

At these words the flower girls cheered and clapped and began shouting with joy. The catterpillar briefly smiled at her before returning back to his lazy looking expression.

"It seems you are the one." He said. "If you are ready then... Mina fetch the twins." He said to the orchid who instantly went off.
Seeing Momo's bewildered expression the catterpillar told her that they are the ones who will accompany her through the dark forest that will eventually lead them to the red kingdom.

Eventually Mina came back with two boys. They both looked almost identical as they had the same clothes and almost the same body. The only differences between them are their hairstyles and hair color.

"They are the ones who will accompany you" Mina said as she patted Momo in the back.

The boys gave her toothy grins before they both shook her hands. "Were the Tweedletwins." Said the one with spiky red hair.

"I'm Tweedle K" the red head boy pointed to himself. "While Im Tweedle T" the boy with silver hair said. "Or you could just call us Kiri and Tetsu respectively." The red head said.

Momo giggled a bit due to the confusion of where did the nicknames come from. She then gave them warm smiles and thanked them for joining her. Of course due to Momo's exceptional beauty the twins couldn't help but blush. "No problem" Kiri said as he scratched the back of his head. "Anytime" Tetsu on the hand said as he turned around to hide his blush.

Eventually the three went off to the dark forest. Cheers and encouraging shouts came form the flower girls as they bid farewell.They about to embark the very first obstacle that would be in Momo's path to save wonderland.