Chapter One

“Let’s go!” My best friend Katie said.

“Why are you such in a rush?!” I exclaimed to her. I didn’t understand what the big deal was. It was just this boy band named One Direction.

“Yeah, you’re right. It’s only the biggest boy band in the world that going to be right here in New York City.”

I sighed. “Okay, let’s go.”

We walked down the street heading to 5th avenue. I had no idea why she was so obsessed with this band. I had no clue what they even looked like. All I knew was that they were British, amazing voices and apparently drop dead sexy.

“If you’d just listen to their music-“

“No.” I cut her off. It’s not that I didn’t want to listen to it, I just didn’t want to be a part of the crazy mess that comes along with being obsessed with a boy band. I’ve been through it before. I’ve actually dated a pop star before and it wasn’t pretty. All of the crazed fans; I couldn’t handle the stress of it anymore and broke up with him. He still wants to get back together with me.

I don’t know why I was going with her anyways. Then I noticed a big crowd of people screaming.

“OH MY GOD THERE THEY ARE” Katie screamed.

I shifted my eyes to five taller men that were being surrounded by thousands of screaming girls. The noise was almost deafening. Katie ran over to the huddled group of girls and pushed her wat to the front while I stayed behind.

My jaw dropped and my heart skipped a couple of beats. I realized I wasn’t breathing. I couldn’t take my eyes off of this gorgeous curly haired man. I took a quick breathe and then his green eyes meet mine. They grew wide. I swear his did too for just a second and then they looked back down.  I released the breathe I was holding in and started to breathe normally. Katie ran back to me.

“I got an autogra-“ She suddenly stopped. “Hello? Earth to Emma? Hello!?” I couldn’t stop staring.

“Huh?” I said dumbly. I finally looked at her.

“Who were you looking at?” She smirked.

“No one, can we go?” I said in a hurry. I hooked her arm with my and headed for the opposite direction. I looked back at him and he looked up at me. I blushed, turned around and started walking faster.

I finally stopped after I put some distance between me and him. I breathed a little too hard. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack.

“What’s your problem Emma?” She yanked her arm out from mine.

I bent over to rest my hands on my knees. “It’s happening again.” I breathed. I looked up at her and she was laughing. “It’s not funny Katie.”

“I know, I know. But who though? I’m very curious.”

“I don’t know his name, but it was the curly haired one.” I said.

“Oh god, his feels are the worst.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing.  I think you should go back there and say hello.” She smiled. “I’ll see you later! Have fun” She smiled and waved back to me.

“Wait!”  But it was too late. She took off running.

I sighed. I walked inside a coffee shop and sat in a booth.  I laid my head down and closed my eyes. This can’t happen again especially not with one of the biggest boy band in the world, as Katie had said. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I opened my eyes.