Ironman 1

Mostly in Emmalin's POV:

You'd think being the daughter of a billionaire is easy, endless presents, parties, dressing up all of that stuff might be fun for a while but you realize that none of it is for yourself. Even graduating college by the time you are 11 with three degrees is not you. It's for yo our legacy.

Right now we are in Las Vegas the Apogee Awards. Dad is being recognized and I highly doubt he even cares. He doesn't care about much that involves grown up stuff, he likes having fun. I can't exactly dislike him for that, it's made for fun times and good memories, but he's the heir of his father's company.

Hello my name is Emmalin Jane Rose Stark. I am the daughter of Tony and Pepper Stark.  I am a certified genius. Robotics, science, and mathematics are obviously my best subjects.

Mom and I are getting ready in our Las Vegas suite. Dad might not be psyched about this idea, but I am. I grew up in the lime light and having to deal with crowds of people, so i don't mind this. I accepted that I'm a part of my father's image a long time ago.

I put Rhodey's call on speakerphone and then threw it onto the bed as I get my dress out. " I bet you thirty bucks he won't even show. He'll stay in the casino all night." I tell Rhodey as I slipped into my lacey blue dress. "Like your dad would miss a chance on being in the spotlight? Rhodey scoffs. "Your on Em. I'll see you there kiddo." Rhodey said "See you there uncle Rhodey." Emmalin said

I hear the beeping on my phone telling me that he hung up. I look in the mirror and I like the way the dress looks on me. I then curled my hair I look at myself again in the mirror. I then walk over and sat on the bed and put on my high heels, then I stand up and walk out to the living room of our suite.

You look gorgeous sweetie. Mom said to me when she saw me.

Mom is looking so fierce herself. She has on a red gown on with her hair curled.
You ready. Mom asked me
Just one second. Emmalin tells her mom as she pulld out her phone.
I want a picture of her.

Em, no! She tells playfully she never on for pictures.
Yes mom you look beautiful. Emmalin said
She scoff and waves her hand.
I take the picture just like that. Despite what she says. The camera loves her. The picture is so natura. Mom doesn't even have to try. She can rock just sweats and a t-shirt, just as easy as she rocks pant suits and dresses.

Do you know if dad's there. Emmalin asked
I have no idea. Obadiah just called me and told me that he and Rhodey are waiting on us. Pepper said

I think by the end of the night I might be thirty bucks richer. Emmalin thought to herself.

This might be Vegas, but compared to the rest of the people we've meet, we look like most stars. We might be some kind of celebrity, but no just no. We get courteous nods and mom gets checked out a few times, but other than that, the trip to ballroom c is uneventful.

We sit at the table with Rhodey and Obadiah. I know three people in this room. I'm underage and everyone expects me to mingle. That's a bit hard to do when everyone in this room has some type of alcoholic beverage in front of them. I can graduate college at a young age, but I can't drink.

A shot video of grandpa, dad and me begins the evening. Why they even had to involve me I didn't know. Mom apparently dug out a bunch of old photos. A lot of the photos I don't even remember. After the video played, uncle Rhodey gets up to start his speech.

As liaison to Stark Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a true patriot. He is my friend and he is my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Mr. Tony Stark. Rhodey said

I look at the empty seat between me and mom and just sigh. Mom seems to have the same disappointment in her eyes. Obadiah gets up, but I put my hand to stop him.
I got this. Emmalin said
You sure? Obadiah asked
She nodded.
Okay. Obadiah said

Accepting the award for Tony is his daughter Emmalin. Rhkdey says to the  tune of the applause.
I walked up to the stage
You look beautiful. Rhodes said to ne when I reach him on stage. He gives me a kiss on the cheek.
I accept cash and all types of credit cars. Emmalin said
He laughs.
I walk up to the podium where the award was waiting.
Being up here was kinda nerve wracking, but not bnb being the youngest in college.
"Dad's worst quality is perhaps is best. He's ways working." I hate myself for that lie dads down in the casino that's not working. "But I would find it highly offensive to not credit our engineers, scientists, and physicists at Stark Industries for all the hard work they've done, and of course, a thank you to Cornell James Rhodes and Obadiah Stane and the military for their loyalty to my father and his company. Thank you very much.
People clapped and I walked off stage. I walk back to our table.

Good job Emmalin. Obadiah said
Thanks. Emmalin said
I see Rhodey move out of the corner of my eye and he gets out his wallet.
I was joking uncle Rhodey. Emmalin said
A bets a bet Em. Rhodey said handing me thirty bucks

I the award ceremony ends and mom is talking to various people and I see Rhodey leave with the award and I follow him. He will be finding my dad. I am about to walk onto the casino floor when one of the floor managers stop me. Ugh my age is really starting to kill me. I can graduate college, but I can't really go anywhere with out supervision. I might be eighteen but I still can't do a lot of things still.

Miss you can't be here alone. Manager tells me
I'm not here to gamble. I'm here to find my dad. I say
Who is he I'll have him paged and meet you out her. Manager said
Yeah good luck with that. I'm Emmalin Stark. I say
My apologies miss Stark. I must escorts you to your father crapes table. Manager said
I follow the manger to where my dad is

Hey little one. Dad says when we reach him
Hey dad. I say
Hey uncle Rhodey. I said
Hey Em. I was telling your dad about your speech. Rhodey said he
Nailed it right. That's my girl. Dad said
As he rolls the dice
You missed mom looking hot. I tell him
I bring out my phone out of my clutch and show dad the picture of mom.
Wow. He does his infamous gulp and eye-bug face. It's quite a funny face.

When I take out my phone I notice I have message from mom. Telling me it's time to go.
Dad, come on. It's time to go. I said
One more roll and I'll cash out. He said
Dad come on. I said
Okay! Okay! He says

Sometimes I think I'm the one doing the parenting. He cashes out his chips and then we leave the floor. It's not ways like this between us. Most of what he does it purely for show.

You look beautiful little one. Just like your mom. Tony said
Thanks dad. Emmalin said
But what's with the make up?  Tony asked
I just give him a playful eye roll.
Oh you! Tony said as he tried to tickle Emmalin

Emmalin runs towards her mom who is waiting in the lobby with the security.

Pepper, you look stunning. Tony said with wide eyes
Happy has the car out front and everything is packed and is ready to go. Pepper said
We all walk out to hear loud cheers and flashes. We don't get out in time because a girl who reeks of journalist jogs up to us. She talks through the arms of security.
Christine Everhart vanity fair. May I ask you a few questions?she asks
Dad looks between mom, who just got in the car and me and then speaks, make it quick.
You've been called the Da Vinci of out times. What do you say to that? Christine said
It's ridiculous. I dont paint. Dad said
And what do you say to your other nickname. The merchant of death? She asks
That's not bad. Let me guess Berekely?  Dad said
Brown, actually. She said
We Ms. Brown. It's an imperfect world, but it's the only one we've got. I guarantee you the day weapons are no longer needed to keep peace, I'll start making bricks and beams for baby hos. Dad said
All I want is a serious answer. She said
Here's serious; my old man had a philosophy. Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy. Dad said
That's great line coming from the guy who sells the sticks. She said
My father helped defeat the Nazi's. He worked on the Manhattan Project a lot of people, including your professors at Brown would call that being a hero. Dad said
Touche. I comment
Email how do you feel about this. She asks me
I really should have kept my mouth shut but to late now.
I know exactly what I feel about what you are doing. I can see it in your eyes that you think we might as well be mercenaries profiting from war, either that ir you really wanna sleep with my dad. I said
Dad just looks at me with a proud smile.
She looked at me like she wanted to say more to me, but she was smart and didn't.
Thats my girl. Dad said and we get into the car. Happy let's go. He said