Five

You were talking to someone on your phone, your heartwrenching cries echoing around the room, and I sat at the edge of your bed, my painfilled eyes looking at you. It hurt me, a lot. I knew for sure if I had a heart, it would be shattering into tiny pieces any moment now.

"But Gunhak I'm scared." You listened silently as the said Gunhak tried to console you, "I know- i know I shouldn't be, it's just- just..." a numb silence followed your words which were filled with dread and confusion. But why? I don't think I could ever know.

"No, you can go, it's fine-"
"No i swear I'm fine." Salty tears down your cheeks followed your straight lies, as the phone call ended with a loud beep resonating through the air. As you put down the phone, your sobs got louder, and so did the pain in my nonexistent heart.

"It was a hard day wasn't it? It hurts my heart just looking at you."

The song left my mouth before I could stop myself, why did it hurt so much looking at you like this?

"There's not much I can do for you except being next to you, I'm sorry."

The melodious sound which only I could hear continued flowing out of my mouth.

"You're so beautiful when you smile, so whenever I see you've lost your smile."

If maybe in some another universe you could hear me, could these words leaving my mouth heal your shattered heart back to all its glory?

"I want to give it back to you, whatever it takes."

If you could hear this song, could it somehow lull you to sleep, and wake you up so that the broken girl infront of me is replaced with the you who shined?

"I'd rather cry instead of letting you cry, I want to be hurt rather than letting you be hurt."

Who was it that I was trying to console? You? But you couldn't even hear me. Maybe it was me, me who had no one to console him.

"I don't want you to get hurt ever again."

You had slowly dozed off to sleep from exhaustion. And I sat at the same place, at the edge of your bed, a lonely spirit who could never be set free.