he can hardly breathe

Eventually, the end of the day rolled around and I exited class with Avani and Nessa by my side.

"I am going on a date with Anthony so I can't hang with you guys today" pouted Avani as we paused by our lockers.

"Same sorry y/n I have volleyball practice," said Nessa as she closed her locker.

"Josh was talking about something, sooo.." I started as we walked to the car parking.

"OOooo looks like she has her man wrapped around her finger" giggled Avani as she starts her car.

"Avani do you mind dropping me off at the courts?" asked Nessa. Avani nodded and I waved them goodbye as I waited for Josh.

"Hey, sunflower" smirked Josh as he appeared out of the doors of the school.

"Hey flirt" I blushed as he grabbed my hand and twirled me around.

"I am going to take you on a date girlie" he smiles as he opens the car door for me.

"Can't wait' I smiled as I kissed him on the cheek as he climbed into the driver's seat.

"But we have to stop by my house," he said. I nodded.

"You're too cute, you know right?" he said to me as we drove to his house. I grinned and looked out the window.

"Let's listen to something," I said to him as I turned on the radio, and "Breathe" by Mako plays through the speakers.

"I love this song," says Josh increasing the volume and taking the roof off on his convertible. The wind lifts my hair up, making it all messy as we both start to sing.

a/n: recommend listening to this song as you read but ur choice :)

"And now you're killing me softly. You're saying things with your body" winked Josh as he held my hand.

"So I take your hand and there we go. All eyes on you" I smiled looking at his side profile as he drove.

"Oh, darling, I can't breathe. Oh, I can hardly breathe" he sang as he locked eyes with me.

"You're such a good singer flirt," I said to him as he parked his car at his house.

"Says you, your such a rockstar" he grinned as he got off the car and walked into his house. I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram and then to see Josh coming out with a hamper tied with a blue ribbon.

"What's that?" I asked as he opens the back door to place the hamper on the seat.

"You'll find out soon baby," says Josh as he climbs back into the driver's seat.

"Argh, I hate waiting" I groan as I sink into my seat. He ruffled my hair and laughs.

"Patience is key, girl" he smirks as he drives to this secret destination.

"DO NOT USE MY WORDS AT ME, YOU MEANY" I pouted.

"Your cute when your mad," he says as he grabs my hand again and places it on his thigh.

"Yeah whatever" I rolled my eyes but secretly smiling. He finally pulls up at this field filled with daisies, I gasp as I rush out of the car.

"Sorry I tried to find one with sunflowers like you liked but-" he begins but I run to hug him and he laughs.

"It's perfect Josh" I grin as I let go and walk into the field. The bright sun complimented the flowers resting on their stems as I walk across them and fall onto the ground and stare up at the blue sky.

"Aww you fit right in" giggled Josh as he sets the hamper down.

"Oh shush" I smiled as I sit back up and I see Josh handing me one of those fancy hats.

"Thanks, it's quite sunny" I smiled as I put it on my head.

"My little daisy looks cute, but your bright orange top kind of clashes tho" he states as he looks at the scenery.

"Well if you told me-" I start but soon interrupted when Josh bends down and kisses me, and we fall into the field of daisies, we roll over and I am on top of him and we both laugh. He tucks a bit of loose hair behind my ear and locks lips with me again, I stop kissing him and place a finger on his soft lips.

"We were going so good" pouted Josh as he fixed my hat.

"The food's getting cold sir" I giggled as I sat up and opened the hamper.

"Food can wait," he said as he gripped my arm and pulls me back onto him, I smile into his lips as I deepen the kiss. He pulls my hat off and wraps one hand across my waist and the other holding my cheek.

"Josh the food is getting cold I am serious," I said breaking away from the kiss and grabbing a raspberry and tossing it into his open mouth. He rolled his eyes and stole the raspberries from me.

"HEY!" I complained. He gets up and waves them in the air.

"Come get them" he laughs as I stand up and run after him. We run through the tall plants as they graze our legs, him and I laughing as he popped raspberries into his mouth. He suddenly stops and I bump into him and I grab the raspberry container off his hands but I find it empty.

"You little-" I start but I find Josh's hand clapped over my mouth. I look at him and follow his gaze.

"Oh, my Jesus christ" he smiles. A herd of horses grazing at the field, a couple 100 sprawled across the sunny area. A smile crept up my face.

"This is so magical," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I know right," he said to me as his hand clasped with mine. A warm tingling feeling filled my body as his skin touched mine.

"You know how we were both singing that song on the way here?" asked Josh as he looked at me with his heart-melting face.

"Yeah?" I asked ruffling his hair.

"Whenever I look at you.." he begins.

"Yes?" my breathing hitched as he spoke.

"Oh darling, I can't breathe" he smiles.

a/n: this chapter was kind of cute not gonna lie, hope yall like this book and thank you for reading it means a lot to me. Also, my outer bank's obsession hasn't gotten better which I am glad, I cannot wait for season 2, literally-. Also, I heard Josh and Jaden are leaving the sway house, I will miss them in sway but I respect their decisions. Anyways remember to vote and share :)