C H A P T E R 2 (EDITED)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

CAT'S AND DOG

(warning! mention of toxic and abusive families, suicide, drugs, alcohol, blood, and unhealthy habits)

It was the day after the exam. You were confident that you passed. You took down like what? Almost one hundred? Okay maybe that was a little exaggerated but there was a possibility.

Yesterday, you came home with a rather gloomy demeanor. Well, you always did every time you came home.

You always dreaded coming home.

Why? It's because of your parents. They are retired heroes who act like villains toward you. Ever since you appeared in their lives, they had always had this grudge against you.

You were a hassle to take care of, they said. They told you every day that if you weren't born, they would've been one of the Top Heroes.

But that was an absolute lie because you've heard from others and the media that they grew tired of the Hero's life and picked up unhealthy habits like smoking and drugs.

They were once known as the greatest hero power couple in all of Japan.

They fought with such confidence and passion that it was a shame they let all that go---

--because of you.

Nobody knew the reason why they retired and started drugs. Heck if they did, you would've been in a foster home already or have a new family who actually knew how to take care of me.

But, who cares anymore? You've dealt with this your whole life.

At this point, people have already forgotten their existence so if they decided to stop their ways, nobody would really care. They already had ruined their image by selling illegal goods so there was no hope for them anymore.

But there was still hope for you...

You could still be a hero. You could still be what they could've been. You were gonna make them proud. Even if they were too high or too drunk to notice.

You wanted to make the world a better place. To protect the children that experienced the things you did or worse. To prevent these reckless things from happening.

All you have been to them was just a living, walking, nuisance, and a disappointment in their lives. You needed to show them that you have something in you. That you have worth. That you weren't just a mistake.

You chuckled at your thoughts. But that isn't gonna stop me from being such a sad loner.

You never had friends. Your parents were against it. They said if people knew who they were, it would ruin their image and business.

As if it wasn't ruined enough...

You sat outside your porch, not wanting to enter the house. You don't even think they remember that their daughter took the entrance exam yesterday.

You sighed, leaning on your hand. Why can't I just live a normal life? Even my quirk is related to what my parents do for a living now. My quirk is nothing related to what they have...

Your mother had the quirk of camouflage and your father had the quirk of duplication.

She could camouflage anywhere while your father could duplicate anything to his desire, but becomes tired and weak after duplicating too much.

Perfect for all the crimes they have been doing...

It is possible for your child to have a quirk related to what you have done to your body before having the child. For example, my parents started smoking. When I was born, my quirk was obviously because of the unhealthy habits they did.