The Interview - A True Murder Horror Story

Interviewer: Welcome to this virtual interview we're broadcasting live today. My guest needs no introduction.

Writer: It's great to be here.

Interviewer: It's such an honor to have you here with us. I hear you've got quite the story planned.

Writer: Yes, it's something all right. I've been working on this for a while.

Interviewer: Unfortunately, your name hasn't been around as much you would have liked. Has there ever been a thirst to prove yourself?

Writer: Of course, for years I tried breaking in the industry; wrote a number of works in different genres. I've tried everything from romance to drama, and, of course, to horror.

Interviewer: What was it that you thought was holding you back?

Writer: Writing-wise, I didn't think there was anything wrong. I was happy with my prose, and I still stand behind my stories; they're worth reading. However, I got great advice over why they weren't connecting.

Interviewer: Is this...(he looks over the notes in his hand hastily)...this when you met with Levid Hastings?"

Writer: Levar Hastings.

Interviewer: My apologies. I'm excited to hear the story behind your inspiration.

Writer: I feel like I should tell everyone how I got to my meeting with Levar first.

Interviewer: Of course, we're all curious to know how it's come to this.

Writer: Well, I'd tried from a young age to appeal to people with my writing. They're always meant to have meaning hidden; a moral to learn. Unfortunately, I just wasn't getting an audience.

Interviewer: A writer does want his readers.

Writer: No, readers are different from audiences. Audiences understand what's happening, they can feel what I'm feeling. It's not the same. I believe an audience should be immortalized after they've witnessed something special.

Interviewer: That's very illuminating.

Writer: Anyway, in my meeting with Levar I learnt a lot. Namely, he told me how to make my prose feel realistic.

Interviewer: Fascinating. Do you want to share it?

Writer: I showed him my work and I'll be honest, he was very critical. He said I failed to capture the characters' feelings. I needed to experience the stuff I wrote myself. That was the only I would understand.

Writer: For my romance novel, I tried to fall in love. I courted a woman, thought we were in love, and wrote some more. I showed it to Levar, and he said it wasn't genuine.

Writer: Next, I tried to experience drama. The breakup between me and my former love. I showed it to Levar, and again he told me he wasn't feeling it.

(A pause between them)

Interviewer: (Shuffling in his seat) And what would you say to your audience today? Any special plans for them?

Writer: Should we indulge the audience? Or should I carry on my story?

Interviewer: Oh, that's your choice. (He hastily throws his arms up in apology) I just wanted to be aware of what's in store for us, that's all. (The writer stirs, as if to get up) Oh please. I'd like to continue this session.

Writer: Very well. Last option I had was horror. I wrote a ghost story. This time Levar laughed in my face. He said it was the most farfetched thing he'd read.