Chapter 2 - A Moment Like This

Chapter 2 – A Moment Like This

Soon the two are standing, on either side of the fence, with their backs to each other, without even noticing. The brunette climbs up on the bench and looks over the hedge, finding the handsome prince standing looking at him.

- Sorry if I scared you! - Harry says low, a little shy, even more than he usually is in front of the girls. - I was here getting away from the hustle and bustle of the dance.

- No problem. - Draco is impressed that the black knight doesn't know who he is and that fascinates him even more. He decides to disguise his voice, adopt a softer tone and protect the secret that surrounds him until twelve o'clock. - I was also here for the same reason.

The two smile shyly, half-knowing what to say, still separated by the hedge. Harry looks around looking for a place to cross, but realizes that he would have to go around the way he entered, so he rests his hands on the fence and jumps, landing athletically on the garden bench. His movement causes the other boy to retreat, but he soon realizes that this provokes a smile of admiration that satisfies him.

"Nothing like starting to impress!" - He thinks with a victorious smile on his lips, to immediately wrap himself on the cover when he gets off the bench and almost falls. - "Oh damn!"

The blond boy laughs at the whole scene, impressed by each movement, even the almost fall. Everything about the other seems perfect, even its evident shyness. His laughter seems to have embarrassed him or perhaps the fact that he has been clumsy, but he absolutely wants to see him embarrassed. He sits on the bench, right in the corner, but leaves enough space for the rider to be able to stand beside him.

Even struggling with the scarlet color that takes over his face, Harry still feels excited just to be beside him. His idiotic movement almost collapsing on the lawn does not seem to have killed his chances, so he smiles, sitting down next to the blond who left him a space, clearly to accommodate himself.

For a few moments, silence reigns between them, afraid to say something wrong that might break the pleasantly naive climate, but they know that someone needs to be the first to speak.

- I'm curious ... - Draco turns, still breathless in the face of proximity. - What are you fantasizing about?

- Zorro! - Harry is surprised, but thinks afterwards that it reveals that he is facing a wizard who has never had contact with the Muggle world. - A Muggle hero. He protected peasants from a governor who exploited them.

"Potter would have liked that!" - Draco thinks immediately. - "But is it time to think about him" ?!

He watches the boy, knowing that he is a mestizo or a poor blood, just like that to have chosen such a fantasy. But at that moment he doesn't even care about that, just that heroic fantasy gives him even more sensuality. He then believes in defending the weak ... It may not be his philosophy of life, but Draco even admires who has the courage to do so.

- It seems that the two of us are not much of a party. - Harry tries to break the uncomfortable silence. - I only agreed to participate so as not to leave a friend alone.

- But it seems that the exact opposite happened ... - He restrains his natural irony, he fears that the other will discover his identity.

- Yeah ... - The green eyes try to hide how it bothers him, even though he knows that he has promoted yet another reconciliation between Ron and Hermione. - In the end, I was alone again ...