I Wish I Had A Happy Ending.

"Twelve years ago when everything started," I told him while I am here, standing in front of him, in front of our loved ones, inside the place where we first met. On the same day when we first met. "Did you still remember where we first met? When did we meet? and How did we meet each other?" I looked at him and asked him. And everything starts to go flashback to the good old times.

I am only ten years old when I first saw him. He was wearing a plain blue shirt and short pants. While I am wearing a pink shirt and a white skirt. I am alone, sitting on a swing looking at other kids who have friends and playing with them. And me? Well, I am the typical lonely new girl in town. Whenever I tried to make friends or maybe try to interact with people, no one dared to approach me. Every single day after we moved here, I always go to this park and tried to make friends. Which was my everyday mission. But sadly, it also failed every single day. But one day, it was different. A boy approached holding a cone of ice cream in his hand.  "It's for you." He said while casually handing me the cone of ice cream without knowing my actions, Because of his action, made me stare at him for a while because of what he did for me, It was very unusual. "You gotta take it before it melts." He said as I reached out for the ice cream and started to lick it. After that, he sat on the available swing beside me. And from that day, we became really good friends.

We are both College freshmen in our dream school. And by this time, I already started to have feelings for him. But I am too afraid to approach him one day and confess because I want to keep our friendship. And he was the only person who became friends with me for a long time. One day, he invited me to go to the park with him and I had to agree. We casually stroll through the park and sat at our usual swings. "I’ve got something to confess to you." He said. And it made my heart beat goes faster, and faster, and faster. Until. . . .    
"I like you." He confessed.

I don't know what to feel. Should I be happy because I also have the feeling? Or should I be worried because I want our friendship to last? And this might ruin everything in the future. "It's okay if you don't like me too, I understand." He added. “No,” I answered, which made him look at my side again with great interest. "I-I like y-you too," I confessed, and my mouth didn't stop trembling while I say those words to him. Because of it, he faced me again with a huge smile on his face. And hugged me. We hugged before. But that was a friendly hug. But this hug, felt like it was more than a friendly hug. "S-so Can I want to court you?" He asked. And I nodded in answer. Like all other couples in the college, we both usually had a great time together, going for surprise dates and long drives as well.

We have both been courting together for almost two years now, and now it's time to give him what he wants. One night on the fourteenth of September we went to the hills where we can see the city lights, buildings, and everything like all other special days. But this time he had set up a romantic dinner for two and gave me a bouquet. Not so soon, the fireworks display that he arranged started instantly which caught my eyes then suddenly I discovered that Jake kneeled with one leg and handed me a cone of Ice cream, and said, “Milli Woods will you be my girlfriend.” When I looked at him, he is already facing me looking at my face like memorizing every part of it.

He put his both hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him, when he realized I was already looking at him, he looked right straight into my eyes. At one moment I couldn’t find anything underneath my feet, and at the same time, I couldn’t stop my tear because I never thought my guy was going to propose to me this way. “Will you be my girlfriend?” "I know you will not take a no for an answer," I said as I also look back into his eyes. As soon as I know, our lips met. And that was my first kiss, with my first boyfriend.

We are currently 9 years dating together as boyfriend and girlfriend. And for our anniversary, he decided to bring me to a romantic place. But this time, it was more romantic than I couldn’t even think. We went to the place where we first met. The park. I didn't know what was happening. As I looked around, I saw our pictures with some fairy lights hanging on the branches of the trees, and there were also some rose petals on the walkways. As we approached the park's gazebo, I saw my family and his family in one place with an orchestra at the side. I looked at the sign that they were holding. “Will you honor me by becoming my wife?”

I faced him to ask what is happening. But I saw him already kneeling with one leg and said "twelve years ago, I met a lonely girl in this place. I told myself that 'this girl needs something to cheer her up that's why I went to the ice cream van to buy that girl a cone of ice cream to make her frown goes upside down. And from that day, I became close to that girl." As he kept saying those words, tears are starting to build up in the corner of my eye. "Yes!" I answered happily. He stood up and placed the ring on my finger. "It fits perfectly." He said as he kissed my forehead.

As we both are engaged, now it’s time  One week before our wedding, I was the happiest girl all in town when my phone suddenly vibrated. A sign that showed that someone is calling me. I was thinking it was he who will pick me up so that we can arrange the final touches for our wedding. But, I was wrong. It was his mother.

"He's gone." His mother said. "What? What do you mean he's gone?" I asked trying to hold back my tears. "He's gone.” A man saw him at the front of his car lying down on his face. He was curious, and when he turned, his face was all covered by the blood. And he got a shot directly at his heart. They tried to bring him to the nearest hospital, but it was too late." His mother repeated. At that very moment, I lost all of my happiness "Oh my God No!!! It can’t be. Maybe they got it wrong! It was not him for sure! You're just kidding, right?!" “No dear,” I dropped my phone and started screaming like hell. He's gone. I kept telling myself every day.

"Seven days passed when you left me," I said while looking at his coffin right in front of me, right in front of everybody. Tears started to build up as I say those words. "But, I know that He had better plans for both of us," I added as my tears started to fall. "Now that you are gone, I realized that I haven't said thank you to you. Thank you, thank you for giving me ice cream twelve years ago to make my frown upside down. Thank you for confessing to me twelve years ago, and because of it, I thought I am the only one who had a weird feeling. You deserve that big 'yes' that I gave you 10 years ago. Thank you, thank you for planning a big setup just to get another 'yes' from me a year ago. And lastly, thank you for loving me unconditionally. You didn't make me feel weird from others. Thank you for turning my frown upside down, thank you for supporting me in everything. And lastly, thank you for all the years that we've been together. I will always treasure it. And tell our little one about it. "I  said as I hold my tummy which left everyone shocked.

"Yes, we are currently expecting a little one right at the moment. I am 3 months pregnant. "I said happily to the whole crowd in front of me. "We thought of saying it this day, together. But sadly, it looks like I was the one who said it. "I added. His parents and my parents approached me and gave me a warm hug. "I am very proud." My mom whispered. "I am going to be a grandfather!" My dad shouted. "I am happy for you, Milli!" His mom told me. "We will support you in everything, and throughout the way. Everything for our grandchild." His dad said.
"Hi, Jake." I greeted him as I clean his grave. "Hi, dad! I am here! Look! I am a big boy now!” Our Samuel said. "I am also big too, daddy!" Added Jenny. It was hard for me to be pregnant with twins, but thank God and my family, they supported me throughout the way. "Hi, Jake!! Happy eighteen years of Friendship, five years of Anniversary as us being in a relationship, and a Happy sixth Wedding Anniversary. Oh, see? I don't forget the special days in our lives. I miss you, Jake, Are you happy there? Don't worry Honey, I am taking care of them as you told me. I Love You. See you someday." I said as I look up in the sky and felt a strong wind around me. It felt like him. It just felt like he hugged me and kissed me even though he is up there, watching me, watching us. I Love You, Always and forever. See you. Not now, but someday.