First Night of Promise (Part 1)

When I came back, the game's already starting. Shock is really painted on my face when my eyes landed on the score board.

Third Quarter: Shingeki High : 44 Kurosaka High : 72

Such huge gap...

I glance at the whole team playing on the court. They were about to lose their fire. Little by little... the opponents are taking their chances to win. After getting embarrass for few years, they wanted to embarrass the Shingeki High now.

The only things I can hear was all the squeaking shoes and the ball bouncing from the floor then in to the ring, by the opponents.

All the cheerings got all silent. Some students on the balcony watched the game intensely. Some even started praying, some are watching the game with boredom while some started to leave.

What happened? Is it because the reason I got benched and all? Sheesh...

"Coach..." I called Coach Pixies from the back. He jolts then quickly turns around to see me.

His face were full of worry that maybe the whole school might get destory because of this simple game. But when his eyes laned on mine he somehow felt relieved.

As you may see, in the Japan, the Shingeki High is one of the toppest school in the country. And by that, being the toppest means students of a said school must maintain its pride and all. And there are St. Maria, St. Rose, and St. Sina. Including Kyojin High and Shingeki High.

I pat his shoulder and gave him a smirk. He knows what I mean.

Coach Pixies didn't say any word and requested a member change.

Gasps were heard in the whole court as a referree announces 'Member Change'.

I was change with Fukuda while I walk in the court with brave aura. Yes, brave aura.

I felt like the whole team feel lightened of my comeback.

"Captain!" Gunter panicks when he came beside me to say something. " We're in a huge gap now! We might lose this game!" "Shut up, we are not losing!" I said to him with desperate tone.

"Everyone! Let's move things smoothly! We'll win this! So fire up!" I shouted at the whole team to give them a cheer. And they all replied me a hard 'Yes!'

It seems Erwin have been silent for the whole day. I won't mind him for now. Since I'm in a great mood, I must not ruin it.

What I really hate most is that I'm losing. I hated losing. So this time I'm taking back my position on the court and win this thing!

Auruo pass the ball to me and I receive it. I quickly jumped and did a quick-release shot. Kurosaka's point guard, Kashima Kou the captain, was too late to block my shot and there and shot went in smoothly on the ring.

Cheers suddenly all raisened up once again and students started coming back to watch our game. Making my team mates more fired up.

"Tch, don't get cocky shorty! We're still in the lead! You can't beat us now!" Kashima, the captain, said with irritance in his tone. How dare this imbecile insult me?! Not because his 187cm while I'm 160cm doesn't mean this shit can say that!

"Don't force me to get angry while I'm now in a very good mood. I still have a night to catch." I said and started walking at the other side. "But if you dare to make me angry, expect a lot of fouls and a lot of shots coming from me." I gave him a threat, and it looks like he totally bought it.

In the end, we won 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. Our score's 102 while their score's 75, which was only moved by three points. Most shots were from me. They kept passing the ball on my direction that's why I always make 3-point shots.

"President! Great job!" Petra congratulated me, at the same time, she gave me a water bottle. "Thankfully, you came back!" on the left side, Coach Pixies felt relief. "I knew you would calm down when you cooled your head enough!" he chuckles and gave a soft smack on my back.

"That was noth--" "CAPTAIN!!!!!" before I could finish my sentence, I was pushed by these idiot on my back. "What the hec--"

"We're so glad you came back!!" "We thought that we're goingt to lose for the first time!" "We were so happy that came back before they almost win!"

I scratched the back of my head before I could reply to them. "So you're saying that if I'm not in the team you would lose?" and they gave me lots of nods. After giving me nods, I smack Erd, Gunter, and Auruo's heads one by one with enough strength get back to their senses.

"You imbeciles! Don't act like your weak when I'm out of the court! It may be the first, but if a second time happens that I'll get pulled out and you slackers lose the game, I will force you to work at the Student Counc ---" "NO!! Please don't continue! We'll promise to do our very best in the future games! Just don't let us do that!!" they begged off their knees, not literally, like a kid.

I heard Coach Pixies and Petra let out a giggle. At that, the game ended quite good with us taking the last laugh. But, Kurosaka is...

"We won't lose next time we meet! You oldcrap!!" Kurosaka Takahiro shouts at Coach Pixies they take their retreat. Coach felt a vein popped in his temples, "That guy won't shut his mouth for a game.." Coach Pixies mutters under his breath as he exhales.

He pats my shoulder and looked at me directly. "Great job..." "Yeah..." I gave back him a pat and left the team to change clothes at the locker room.

Later's going to be an exciting night! I should hurry and change so I can walk home together with Eren!

Wondering, where's Erwin after the game? Geez! Levi, don't bother thinking about that guy. He might just ruin again your day.

Infact, I haven't heard him talk the whole day. He was just silent the whole time. And just by remembering him, I remembered the letter.

I twisted the door knob so I can get in the locker room. I took a quick shower and wore my school uniform. I placed inside my jersey in my bag. Noticing the letter I received earlier, I stared at it.

"What's inside this thing anyway?" I haven't open the letter yet but just re-reading the note on the back makes me remember how got Eren mad at me.

I'm somehow curious what's inside so I didn't open it yet and put it back inside my bag.

I suddenly flinch when the door opens. My body frozes and I felt scared all of the sudden seeing that figure appeared on the door.

I kept silent while I scans his moves. He enter the locker room then I heard a click on the door meaning he locks the door knob.

I felt my heart was beating so fast in this kind of intense. My eyes widens when he turns around with serious look and says my name.

"Levi..."

-----------------------------------------------------

[A/N: (O.O) Did I just made a plot-twist? Hahahahaha~ don't worry! It still has Part 2. (;3) Just keep reading, maybe next chapter's the time they do.... OH... Nothing... :D

Thanks for reading! Part 2 is next! ( / ^o^)/

*Sorry if they are some typos or grammatical errors. (T^T)