6 - Mr. Cesar feels unloved

Mr

Mr. Cesar wakes up and looks in the mirror.

His jawline is still the epitome of manly perfection. His eyes are still strikingly blue. His abs are still chiseled enough to grate cheese on them. But his god-like face shows signs of anger.

He fucking can't believe it.

Coco just ate another one.

Stupid secretaries are hopeless. They keep jumping in her pond as if it was a pool. Seriously. What are they thinking? A pool in an office? That would be so weird.

A pet, on the other hand, is absolutely acceptable. An aquarium is a normal accessory to a posh office. It's a must have for a billionaire.

Some CEOs have fishes. He has Coco. So what?

Some may say that Coco's becoming a problem. But they don't know her the way he does. They are not aware of her soft side. They have no idea what a wonderful, caring, compassionate creature she is.

They weren't there with her in the ZOO. They weren't small and hungry, like Mr. Cesar was, when he first met Coco.

She was way better to him than his adoptive parents, who owned the zoo. Seriously. They had no love for the child. Their hearts grew cold and cruel after the first full moon when that thing happened.

Mr. Cesar hangs his head and sighs. The shame he feels is still overwhelming, after all these years. He can't even stand the sight of his beautiful self when he thinks of their adoptive parents' face. Their terrified look when he brought home his first, recently killed, bloody prey.

He just wanted to share it with them. Like a good son shares his food with those who are closest to his heart. But they weren't exhilarated, the way poor little Cesar expected. They screamed at him. They pushed him around. They told him terrible things.

They made him feel unloved.

It all started that day. He was just a child, craving his father's approval and his mother's love. But they denied him. The pain was too much to bear for such a small, terrified, furry creature.

He closed his heart. He never wanted to feel the same. He never wanted to feel betrayed by someone whom he dared to love.

Mr. Cesar turns away from the mirror. The memories still torture him every time he wakes up in the middle of the night to his own sobs. Only those times, when he's completely alone in the darkness, he can admit to himself that his parent didn't only make him feel unloved. They also made him feel unlovable.

He puts on his insanely expensive Ralph Lauren suit, but even the handmade, cashmere wool beauty can't make him feel whole.

His parents cast him out. From their hearts, and from their home, at the same time. His adoptive father picked him up and carried him to the part of the ZOO where the wolves lived. No matter how poor child cried and begged, he threw him in their enclosure.

"You belong here, you disgusting creature," he shouted, and left little Cesar to the mercy of the wild animals.

The pack almost killed him that night. They smelled the beast in him, but he was too small to be accepted as a wolf by them. And, when the morning arrived, and he started to shed his fur...

Mr. Cesar shakes his head. He still can't forget that morning when he climbed out of the wolves' den to save his life from the bloodthirsty predators. He had nowhere to go. After crying twelve minutes in a corner, he gave up. He was small, weak and hopeless.

He decided to commit suicide by crocodiles. Their pond was just a few steps away, so it seemed the easiest way to end his misery. He also wanted to make sure that his adoptive parents, as cruel as they were to him, wouldn't be bothered by the sight of his dead, half-eaten body.

Crocodiles are known to devour everything.

He climbed in. He was prepared to be torn apart in seconds. But that's not what happened.

He met Coco.

The mere thought of the kind crocodile makes Mr. Cesar smile. How could he be angry with her, just because she ate a few secretaries? Small fry. In this business, there's an endless supply of secretaries. But there's no one else like Coco. She's unique.

That last girl though... Miss Lancherlot. Chastity. That name really fits her. And those boobs... damn. She may be a klutz, but those tits give her an aura of competence. She may be fit to be a secretary, after all. His secretary.

His possessive inner wolf howls approvingly.