Squad car

The two got into Thor's car then drove off. In the middle of the drive thor said, "I've got a lunch date with my son and granddaughter. If you're going to be here for awhile then you should meet them. Loki looked at thor, "I heard the captain. I won't be here for long. Why even bother?" Thor said, "like the captain said, I need a partner." Loki turned back to face the road and smiled, "thank you." Loki didn't see thor smile.

"Look," thor pulled into a parking space, "ask your questions now, because I won't answer after we leave this squad car." Loki nodded his head, "I have a few sir. To start, what happened to your partner?" Thor looked down, "we were on this case. A man, killed the mother of a 10 year old. We called him max. " loki said, "why?" Thor continued, "Had no other name for him. My partner, and I were closing in when the killer took the girl as a hostage. We planed a rescue. Everything was going good till the killer pointed his gun at me. I ordered my partner to leave with the girl. Alex didn't listen, and made a different call. Alex went after the killer and in the struggle the little girl was shot. I managed to get her out of there and to the paramedics waiting at the street. I left for 2 minutes, 2 minutes," thor looked down when tears entered his eyes, "three shots were fired. The first went through the killers shoulder. The second through the killers stomach. He dropped to the floor. my partner couldn't find a pulse. As I ran in I could see the killer on his knees with the gun. I ran toward my partner to get him out of the way, but was to late. He was shot in the back and dropped to the ground. I rushed to his aid while the killer got away," thor wiped his eyes then looked at loki, "he was pronounced DOA."

Loki said, "I'm sorry I asked." thor took the key out of the ignition, "the stories you hear about how I'm such a hard ass are true. All of them are true. Alex was my best friend, brother, and partner since we joined the academy." Loki nodded his head, "thank you for sharing." Thor smiled, "come on. Let's go. There waiting for us." the two walked in.