Chapter 1

A/N: ay. this is finna be a probably really shitty fanfic so dont read it iffu have high expectations or want to enjoy your life. not sure if im too self critical or if it's actually shit, feel free to leave some hate comments so i know. lots of gay shits finna go down. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's POV:

"Hun, wake up now!" My mom shouted from outside my room, "It's almost 7:30!"

"Hnnggggghhh." I groaned into the pillow, slowly lifting my head from its angelic embrace. 

I stumbled out of bed and to the bathroom down the hall, pushing the hair out of my face on the way. Without wasting a second, I grabbed the blue toothbrush from the holder and lazily brushed my teeth. I wanted to shower, but I had to be at school in 30 minutes so I wouldn't have time. 

I spat into the sink and quietly returned to my room, closing the door behind me. As I pulled on whatever clothes were clean and nearby, I got to thinking about my senior year. I can't believe 12 years has come to this. I always thought I'd be happy as fuck to graduate and move on with my life, but at this point the prospect is frightening. 

I have absolutely no plans for my life after this year. None at all. I can't afford college, nor do I want to go, even though I know I probably won't make it anywhere in life without it. Whatever, though. I've got people to see and places to be, and that's likely as good as it gets.

Once I'd gotten dressed and grabbed my almost empty backpack, I rushed down the stairs to put on my shoes. 

"Are you gonna eat breakfast?" My mom asked from the kitchen. 

"Not today, I don't wanna be late," I responded. 

"Are you sure hun? I can make you some cereal or-" My mom started.

"No- I'm sorry, I've really gotta get going. It's already 7:50, thanks though." I responded.

"Well, okay." She said, emerging from the kitchen.

I stood up from the couch and faced her. 

"Bye mom," I said as I slung my backpack over my shoulder, "Love ya."

"Bye Alex! I love you too," she responded, giving me a kind smile.

I walked out the door, grabbing my keys on the way out, and unlocked my car. It was a '98 Honda Civic, or as I lovingly referred to it, an absolute piece of shit. 

I got in the front seat and took off, turning on the radio to jam out to some band I'd never heard of or cared about for the ride to school. 

The drive was quick, I was only about 8 minutes from the school, so I pulled into the parking lot with time to spare. I was glad it was my senior year, at least I didn't have to fight for a parking spot anymore like the underclassmen. 

I grabbed my shit and got out, making sure to lock the doors. As I was walking up the front steps, I saw my good friend Zack talking to some girl. I wanted to approach him but I figured he was busy, so I kept walking. 

Zack and I had been friends for almost 3 years now, since we met at the beginning of freshman year. That was the case with most of my good friends, as I had moved here after 8th grade for my dad's job. At first it kinda sucked, having to leave Maryland and all my good friends behind, but meeting the guys really turned things around for me. I can't help but feel like an outsider, though, because they've all known eachother since elementary school, I couldn't really compete.