The Sports Fest, Round 1!!

The entire of 1A all walked out into the stadium, heads high and (mostly) confident. Everyone gathered in the centre, to listen to Midnights instructions.

"Allllright first years! Welcome to the UA Sports Festival! Follow the activities and try your best to surpass your peers, and make it to the final rounds!"

The first years all cheered and shouted, some louder than others.

"And now for our student representative who will give an opening speech, please welcome Izuku Midoriya!"

The crowd cheered, waiting for him.

"W-What?! Why me?!"

"ITS YOUR FATEEE! ACCEPT IIIIT!! MUAHAHAHAHA" 1A laughed maniacally while shoving him up to the podium, ignoring the feeble cries of their suffering comrade.

"TODOROKI HELLLPP MEEEE!!"

"I apologise, but your on your own this time. I wish you well, and hope you make it out alive. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you dearly."

"IM NOT GONNA DIE YOU IDIOT!!!"

"YES YOU ARE MIDORIYAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" 1A threw him out of the crowd and onto the platform.

"And I thought you were my friends, you traitors..."

The class nodded and said their goodbyes, some shedding a few tears.

"You will be missed dearly Midoriya..."

"I pray you go to heaven..."

"Goodbye, my friend..."

"I SAID IM NOT GONNA DIE YOU MORONS!!!"

The crowd went silent for the boy to give his "speech", and stared down at him, as if they were force feeding him pressure.

"Ahem... Uh, hi. I'm Midoriya. I, uh, hope you all do well. Try not to die, and don't piss me off or you'll likely end up in a hospital, ah, uh, good luck?"

Silence.

"WHAT KINDA HALF-ASSED SPEECH IS THAT YOU IDIOT!!!" The crowd and students all magically shouted simultaneously.

"Ha..he..."

After being mauled by a vicious and very angry crowd, Midoriya somehow miraculously managed to make it out alive, although his soul was severely damaged from the constant stream of shouting, insults, assaults, tomatoes-being-thrown, and other painful endurances. Satisfied, the large crowd of students began the first round of an obstacle course race.

"On your marks! Get set! GOOO!"

All of the students took off into the tunnel, leaving Midoriya, who was standing with hands in his pockets, still shook from his damaging and trauma-inducing experience, was not making any move to run or start the race. 

Thats because he knew what Todoroki was going to do, which was exactly what followed, not 5 seconds after the race started... it was also because he was still recovering from the *ahem* previous event. Anywho, Shoto did exactly what Izuku was expecting, which was freezing almost everyone to the ground, leaving them unable to run or progress the race any further. 

"DAMN YOU TODOROKI!"

"YOU JERK!"

"LET US GO!"

Midoriya - now mostly recovered -  laughed and walked past the frozen students, shaking his head at Todoroki's trap.

"C'mon Todoroki! At least give them a chance to get past the first obstacle!"

"Apologies, but I can't afford to lose this. Though I'm sure you've got something up your sleeves too, Midoriya."