e n t r y : s i x

▪ ▪ ▪

▪ ▪ ▪

I don't know.

Throughout my existence, I have been in pain; broken by strangers, left and betrayed by friends, and hurt by my family. I found myself alone in the crowd, vulnerable and afraid of the reality. When I observed a group of people who stood and fend for each other, I felt something; I had this desire to belong. I became desperate. And I tried to approach them and insert myself in yet I failed.

I asked my grandfather why I always end up broken and unaccepted. He told me that no one would ever change for me that it is I, who needs to change for them. So, I did; I did changed myself. I became someone, a stranger who inhabits my flesh.

I succeeded.

I belonged in various groups, met hundreds of people with different personalities and changed my ways and adapting theirs--like a chameleon that incessantly changes colors to hide and protect itself from predators-- until this question was thrown to me.

What makes you you?

I don't know.

I have been busy changing myself for others that I no longer have no idea who I truly am. I am like a vessel of different personalities--harsh, kind-hearted, insensitive, sensitive, aloof, friendly, loud, silent, prideful, humble. They are opposing traits that I am torn in. Sadly, I don't know how to balance them.

I just wanted to be accepted.

I don't know who I really am but I am hoping that one day, I would discover the real me.