Chapter 3

It's been almost a week and a half since my birthday, the man has been forgotten by now and my dad and his friends are leaving me home alone while they go out to the stores and get some groceries, look for some bigger clothing for me and some cleaning products for the house, overall it shouldn't take more than a few hours. I decided to spend my time while they were gone taking a nap on the couch, the television was set to a random children's show that I didn't have much interest in, I used it mostly for noise while I slept, since I can't sleep soundly without some form of noise; usually I use a show or movie on netflix, however i'm currently a bit lazy so a show on TV is easier to set up. It didn't take me more than a few minutes to fall asleep on the couch with the fan on, as well as a blanket and spare pillow we always keep in the living room in case of any emergency nap times.

However, I did not sleep soundly for long. A few minutes later, around fifteen to twenty minutes after I had fallen asleep, I suddenly snapped awake from my dreams and back to reality. I sat up on the couch, noticing my blankets were kicked off onto the floor. I slowly rubbed my face to help me wake up before hopping up onto the carpeted floor, taking a moment to look around the living room. I noticed that the front door that had been securely shut and locked before i layed down, was now wide open and the doormat was shifted slightly.

I immediately went a bit rigid as I silently walked from the living room to the connected kitchen and laundry room: nobody was there. I slipped on some socks that I got from the laundry room so I could walk silently through the house, before quietly walking upstairs as well, waiting on the third to last step as I peeked over the railing: once again I saw nobody up there. I sighed in relief and continued up, now almost positive nobody was in the house as I walked more confidently through the upper section of the house. I stopped and checked the upstairs bathroom, nobody was there as I had predicted so I moved onto the bedrooms. I checked the closest room, Oliver's room. I peeked in, looking around for a moment; the bed seemed slightly messed up but otherwise everything was in order. I closed the door and looked into the next room, my own room. I paused when I reached for the door handle, slightly more nervous as the tension rose. I peeked in and was quickly relieved that nothing was out of order.

I moved onto the next room, my dad's room. I looked in and gasped under my breath, looking around the hallway as well as the interior of the room before I opened the door all the way. I walked in, nervously walking up to the bed as I reached towards the sheets, which were covering an object lying on the mattress. I pulled back the covers and saw a knife under the sheets. I took a step back from it, walking back straight into something warm, and tall, and breathing. I froze, immediately tearing up as I felt the clothing's fabric against my back and hair. At that moment I felt a hand covered by a cloth forcefully held over my mouth. I struggled, but was somehow silenced by my own fear.

And then my world went black, and I passed out. 

=========================================================

Word Count: 612