A Promise

"Good morning grand Ma"
" Aiyoo Wangji..., I was waiting for you. I saved your favorite spot. What would you like to have..??? As usual..??
"Yes, A Cappuccino please!!! Thank you Grandma" She smiled at me. She is the owner of this Cafe, a very cheerful and kind woman.
I was sitting on the Destiny Cafe drinking my favorite coffee. It's been 2 year since I started a jewellery designing studio. It was my dream since I was teenager. It's my daily routine to come here in break time to have a Cappuccino. But today, the purpose is different. My best friend , Mian mian is coming today after 2 year of Masters in Britain. We are childhood buddies. After completing my graduation I started my business ans she went to abroad for further studies. It was too Difficult to maintain close contact as she was busy with her studies and I was struggling to make a name of my brand. But we were in touch. Ahhh... I missed those carefree Days.. I was waiting for her sipping my coffee sitting on one corner of Cafe, my favorite spot. Why favorite, because the scenery from here in mesmerizing. Outside is a garden, a beautiful garden where few people were walking, few were sitting on grass enjoying weather and one couple were having breakfast feeding each other lovingly.
My thoughts were interpted with the sound of welcome bell I looked at the door and the person who entered was out of my imagination I Never thought I will ever get a chance to see him again. I whispered... 'Wei Ying'
My eyes widened with surprise and I.. Lan Wangji dived in the ocean of memories.

Love at first sight had always sounded like a bit of bullshit to me But I never thought that it would happen to me. It was my birthday when I saw him for the first time and I can say that it was the best birthday gift from God. Even now, I wouldn't say that was what happened was just an admiration, No It was actually love at first sight. I always thought that You couldn't love someone if you didn't know them and all their strange quirks. But even I couldn't deny the shock that had hit me when I had first saw him. I had seen a lot of men & women, but none of them had ever quite affected me the way he had. Tall, dark haired with piercing hazel brown eyes with a captivating smile that seemed to captured any soul, I had found myself unable to look away at the start. It was orientation day of my college when I saw him at canteen playing with a small kitten. Later I found that He was in management Department, 3rd year & I was in Department of Art, 1st year.

After few months I know about him more He was funny, smart and kind. Daily I went to Canteen to just get a glimpse of him. I never had a courage to approach him. As from childhood it was difficult for me to be social. My bench mate was my only close friend in college as He was understanding and Smart too. Sometimes we crossed the path in library. After sometime I realized that it is love what I was experiencing. One day at Canteen on his friends were cheering loud, celebrating his birthday, it was 5th of October. I decided to brought something for him. I went to a shop and Purchased a Ox head necklace as it was unique and I didn't knew his choice.
I wear a Face mask and gave that gift to the dorm incharge and requested him to gave it to Wei Ying. I left a note inside a box written him a birthday wishes. But instead of writing my name I wrote ' Yours'. He had not accepted that gift as After few days I went to confirm if he got his gift or Not but the incharge said that after opening the gift and reading the Wei Ying returned it to him and told him to gave it back to the owner.